Easter Сhickens from Polymer Clay

I present to your attention a small master class "Easter chickens".

I had absolutely no plans to do anything for Easter, but my family asked me to make two chickens for my godson.

While I was making them, I remembered my childhood and how I used to play with live chickens at my grandmother's :) They are so fluffy, so cute! Lumps of sheer charm!

The entire creative process was filmed and turned out to be a small master class. Perhaps some of you will need it.

1. We will need:

- foil;

- polymer clay (beige and black, also useful unnecessary remnants of clay yellow shades);

- wire;

- yarn or wool of yellow color;

- brush;

- toothpicks;

- PVA glue;

- polymer clay varnish;

- dry pastels (optional).

2. First of all, we form a billet of our chicken's body from the foil.

3. Wrap the billet with polymer clay of yellow or close to it color, you can take beige. In order to save material, I used unnecessary clippings of yellow clay.

4. From a wire we twist paws: three fingers in front and one behind. Make a hole under the paws with a toothpick, insert the paws, check that the chicken is stable. If not, adjust the place of attachment of the paws and their angle of inclination.

5. We cover the frame of the paws with polymer clay of beige color, leave part of the wire clean, it will be located inside the body.

6. Cling to both paws, insert into the body. Once again, we check that the chick is confident on its feet.

7. We push holes in the place of the eyes, insert black balls of clay there. If desired, you can make eyelids by putting a thin strip of yellow clay on top and bottom of the pupil.

We make a beak out of beige plastic and attach it to the body.

In this form, the chicken is sent to the oven. Bake according to the instructions on the package. I bake for 30 minutes at 120 degrees. I baked the chicken standing on its feet with a foil stand around it so it wouldn't fall.

8. While the chick is baking, we will make plumage for it. For lack of a better one, I used yellow yarn. Finely cut it, you can slightly divide the fibers to get a yellow fluff.

9. After the chicken has baked and cooled down, we start working with down. We smear the areas with PVA glue and glue the yellow fluff. You do not need to smear the entire chick at once, do it section by section.

10. When the chicken is completely covered with down, leave it until the glue is completely dry. Then remove the excess fluff, if necessary in some places, add. After the chick is sufficiently feathered and dried, fluff the fibers so that the texture of the threads is not visible.

11. To "enliven" the baby bird a little, you can tone it with dry pastels. I tinted around the legs, at the tail, on the belly, around the eyes and beak.

12. Eyes, beak and paws are covered with glossy varnish.

13. Our chicken is ready.

14. This is how they look in the composition: