How to Make Horse on Stick for Your Favorite Child

Finally, I got to the master class on sewing children's toys... And the all packaging, Yes packaging... :)

Today I suggest you sew a wonderful horse for children's games. It is light, soft, and safe.

It all started when our grandmother brought home a wooden rolling pin-long and thin... They did not have time to use it for its intended purpose. Lavrenty took the rolling pin for himself and announced to everyone that it was now his horse!

A horse without a head is not interesting. I made a head out of a sock, but my son did not want to recognize a horse in this sock :) after Digging on the Internet, I found a wonderful paper horse mask. The mask is voluminous, just right for my purpose. Unfortunately, I never found the author. If anyone knows, tell me. In any case, thank you very much to him (her) for this mask.

Having somewhat modified and adapted the pattern of the mask to work with the fabric, I sewed this horse's head.

So. I offer a pattern and a step-by-step Assembly scheme.

Print the pattern on an A4 printer. All proportions are met. The arrows indicate the direction of the shared thread. If the parts are paired, then they should be cut out in a mirror.

When all the parts are sewn, you need to make the "bottom" of the head. To do this, cut out a rectangle from the same fabric as the head. The long side is equal to the resulting length of the neck circumference + increase on the seam. The short side is equal to the radius of the neck + an increase in the seam and the hem of the edge. Sew this rectangle into a circle. We sew it to the horse's neck, bend the free side and sew it so that you can thread the cord into the bend. After filling your head. I filled it with holofiber. Not tight. Otherwise the head will be heavy and it will be difficult for the child to wear such a big headed horse :)

I first stuffed my head the way I fill my toys, but the head outweighed and almost knocked the rider out of the saddle:) I Had to pull out more than half of the hollofayber...

Pull the string.

Try on a stick. The stick should rest on the top of the horse's head.

Mark the points for drilling holes. The first is done almost at the end of the stick for attachment to the head in the area of the crown. The second hole is made perpendicular to the first hole for fixing the stick in the neck.

We drill, process the edges of the holes with sandpaper. Inside the hole, process the nadfilem. The hole should be smooth.

First, we fix the stick in the top of the head. Take a thick, strong thread and a large needle. Thread the thread through the hole of the stick. The free end of the thread is inserted into the eye of the needle. All threads must be gathered in one bundle. Immediately all the threads are threaded into the head.

Sew one stitch on the top of the head and tie the thread.

We do not cut the thread short. The tips can be hidden in the head or under the mane.

Next, pull the string tighter on the horse's throat (sounds like, however...). Pass one end of the cord through the hole, tie both ends, wrap several times around the stick and tie a strong knot, but so that it can be untied if necessary. The free ends of the cord can be tied with a bow.

Now you need to sew the eyes, eyelids, make the adjustment and tint.

We plan points for the eyes. I used buttons on the short leg. Sew.

Since I got carried away with the process, I didn't take a picture of how I did the braces... I'll try to explain "on the fingers".

It's very simple.

I fold the thread in half and thread it into the needle with the forked side. The side that is in the shape of a loop should remain free. Enter the needle in the center of the mouth and output in the right corner of the mouth. Again, we insert the needle retreating from the place where the needle came out, about five millimeters and output the needle on the opposite side (the left corner of the mouth). In this case, a free loop of thread hangs from the center of the mouth. We don't delay anything. Everything is free. Again, we insert the needle (the left corner of the mouth) retreating from the place where the needle came out, about five millimeters and output the needle in the center of the mouth. The result is a triangle. We do not output at the same point that we entered at the beginning, but by retreating a few millimeters up or down. With a needle, we grab the loop and tighten the threads. The mouth should deepen, and the loop will hold the thread instead of a knot. Sew a couple of times over the threads in the center of the mouth and hide the ends in the head. Mouth is ready.

Nostrils are stitched at random. We determine the place where the nostrils should be and insert the needle with the thread into one nostril and output it to the other. Then we return the needle back. Enter the needle retreating a couple of millimeters from the point of exit of the needle, output the needle on the opposite side retreating as a couple of millimeters from the first puncture. Pull the thread so that the recesses are formed in place of the nostrils, tie a knot and pull the thread. The knot will hide inside the head. The edge of the nostrils is sewn arbitrarily. Fingers pinch the edge of the nostril. Forming a semicircle. And at the very edge of the stitch sewn "needle back". That's all. The nostrils are also ready.

Then we make a mane. In principle, the mane could be sewn into the back of the head even in the process of stitching parts, but we still could not decide what color and what to make it... We decided to make it out of red-brown knitwear... More precisely, from my old blouse. The mane used up the back. Whole... Folded the back in half lengthwise. Cut off the excess, leaving a rectangle... Cut strips about an inch wide. Cut from the edge to the center, not cutting to the end of the centimeter. Bangs cut across.

Sew the mane to the head. If necessary, we cut it.

And then my child decided that it would definitely be a horse girl... And her name is Lena! :) Well, Lena, so it is necessary to apply...

Cut out two centuries. I cut it out by eye. Specularly.

Fold the eyelids in half lengthwise. Try on.

Sew and fluff the cilia.

That would be the end of it... But I decided to do tinting. And even wheels! The wheels of such horse just a necessary thing. Otherwise, the child may periodically snort and knock on the floor with a stick... And the sound is not very pleasant. Besides, it's not good for Paul at all.

I've been looking for wheels for a long time... Buy a car for wheels... well, it's not practical... Take the son of a lame tractor-tears will not be enough... Wooden (there are two small circles cut out for doll stands) make a lot of noise when rolling... I would say rumble. On the laminate...

But, in the closet, there were parts from the children's plastic pyramid. The pyramid is old... Her nephews also played with her. My father's tools found suitable parts for the fastener and axle... I don't know what all this is called, but the design turned out to be reliable.

After fitting all the parts... I decided to cover the axles. Sawed off two equal pieces from the plastic coil. The saw cuts were sanded with emery.

Here are the wheels turned out... I wanted to sew tires on them... To drive very quietly. But the grandmother stood up for the grandson, and the wheels were left so. They make a funny little noise when they roll on the floor. The child is delighted with this :)

After a little tinted horse oil pastels. A girl... :) Cheeks and mouth pink, eyes gray...

Here's a horse turned out:

That's it! I hope that this master class will be useful. All children dream of their own horse, and I asked for a live one as a child... We didn't buy it because there was no balcony :)

Thank you for your attention!

If you like it, click the button, I will be very pleased :)