Tastes Differ: Photographers Show Strangest Food Habits of Famous Authors
  • Category: Ideas & Inspiration
  • Practices: Photography

Literature classes often study not only the works of famous writers, but also their biography and personal life — because these factors have a significant impact on their creativity. Michelle and Chris Gerrard went even further: they created a photo project that highlighted the eating habits of famous authors. Photographers piecemeal collected information about the tastes of writers and Directors from their autobiographies and interviews, and then embodied their favorite treats in photos. I'll tell you right away: some flavor combinations will surprise you!

Francis Scott Fitzgerald

Canned meat and apples / oranges — directly from a jar in a cheap American hotel

Some authors have rather strange food preferences — creative people, after all :)

Andy Warhol

Sweets and cakes with "children's cocktail" - milk with ice

Some ate seemingly ordinary food — but this is only at first glance. Most of them would probably have refused such breakfasts after all.

John Steinbeck

Cold toast and cold coffee at the kitchen table, surrounded by jam jars

Ingmar Bergman

Corn flakes with strawberry jam and whipped curdled milk - at the filming of " Strawberry fields»

But many still preferred the classics :)

marcel proust

Strong black coffee, boiled milk and a croissant - in bed reading the mail

Patricia Highsmith

Scrambled eggs with bacon and a doughnut with sugar + a Cup of strong coffee

Charles Schultz

A ham sandwich and a glass of milk-in your Studio

We would like to note the attention of photographers to details. Each image has objects that directly or indirectly refer the viewer to the author's work, and the color scheme of each frame is associated with the atmosphere in their works.

David Lynch

Chocolate milkshake and a large amount of black coffee with a lot of sugar-exactly at 14: 30 in the big Boy cafe

Jack Kerouac

Chinese noodles with pork and Apple pie with a ball of ice cream — while working from midnight to dawn

Looking at these pictures, you can't help thinking: after all, food is an important aspect in everyone's life. Perhaps it also affects creativity, and in addition to biographies of famous creators, it is worth studying their food habits?

Walt Whitman

Meat and oysters for Breakfast

Anyway, it's interesting to know what your idol preferred for Breakfast — a kind of opportunity to get to know him from the other side and get to know him a little closer.

Georgia O'keefe

Mexican cuisine-with lots of pepper and garlic

I wonder if many creative people have strange food preferences? I think the Masters Fair is the best place where I can ask about it:) Share your unusual food habits in the comments!