How to Make Leather Brooch «Spring bouquet»

The very first flowers, so delicate, fragile and bright! I will show you how you can make an original gift with your own hands for the spring holiday Easter, the symbols of which are traditionally these flowers. They symbolize the resurrection of nature after the winter cold. Fresh flowers decorate tables, cakes, Easter wreaths, icons. Do not forget to decorate yourself or please a loved one. This elegant spring bouquet will perfectly fit into any image!

In this master class, you will learn:

• how to make a daffodil from leather in two different ways;
  • how to make hyacinth from leather;
  • how to assemble ready-made flowers from leather into a composition;
  • how to make a beautiful and durable brooch attachment;
  • how to treat the skin with bulek.

To do this, we will need:

• genuine leather or suede 0.5-1 mm;
  • PVA glue and " Moment Crystal»;
  • wire of 0.3-1 mm;
  • acrylic or tempera paints;
  • brushes;
  • awl;
  • gel pen;
  • base for a brooch or pin;
  • beads;
  • stamens for flowers;
  • soldering iron and bulki;
  • good mood, no place without it, there is a lot of work to do! Are you still with me? Then let's go!

Comments and tips will be given to each step-by-step photo, which may be especially useful for beginners in color making. All work can be divided into several main stages:

Part one. Preparation of templates and tools.

We will prepare templates for future colors, for most elements, exact patterns are not needed, but for example, I made two files, printing which, you can decide for yourself what your flower will be, choosing a particular template that fits the shape and size.

There are a lot of varieties of Narcissus, we will not set ourselves the task of recreating a Botanical copy of this flower, but will make two different ones of our own. Let's call the first round (for it color templates), and the second long-nosed (for it black-and-white templates).

1. Tools and materials are ready to work, templates are printed or drawn.

2. We translate them to the skin (for a round Narcissus).

3. Cut out, leaving the contours of the handle on a piece of skin.

4. We coat the future petals with a solution of PVA glue with water in a ratio of 1:2. This is approximately, you can take only glue or only water, or nothing at all. It depends on the thickness of the glue, the thickness of the skin and your idea of the shape and texture of the future flower. Tip: in a small transparent bottle (you can use a medicine bottle), pour one part of the glue, I use a thick construction PVA, which is Packed in buckets. And top up with two parts of water, determining its amount by eye relative to the glue. Close the lid, mix well, but do not shake shake. This mixture can be used in the future, without measuring the amount of glue and water each time.

5. Patterns for the long-nosed Narcissus.

6. I like a lot of leaves, you can create any form. There are more petals for the future rose, but let's pretend that we didn't notice my mistake.

7. The petals can be twisted arbitrarily, and left to dry.

8. That's what I was talking about: somewhere we take a little glue, and somewhere we generously smear it on all sides!

All the petals are cut, smeared and dried, it's time to proceed to the next stage.

Part two. Artistic processing of leather blanks.

With the help of a soldering iron and a Bulka, let's start drawing streaks on the petals. But it is often at this stage that many questions arise. What did the dog dig into? What knife to take and who is this Bulka? In short and simple terms, bulki are metal nozzles of various shapes and diameters that are inserted into an electric soldering iron, often made of brass, since this metal has a good thermal conductivity. It is better to use a 40-Watt soldering iron, with a more powerful one, you can burn the skin (at least, such a thin one that is used for making flowers). When working with this tool, you need to take into account not only the degree of heating. There is such a thing as the degree of pressure. As well as what surface to place the workpiece on. Let's look at the example of the following photos.

9. I use a double knife (when pressed, it leaves two grooves). It can be used for streaks on leaves, as well as when you need a lot of them, such as on these petals. The workpiece lies on a hard surface (pillow), and therefore the grooves are shallow, but if you increase the pressure-they will have very clear boundaries, and if you weaken it — will come to naught (it also depends on the thickness of the skin, the thinner the skin, the less impact it requires). Based on these criteria, you can choose any knife and any degree of pressure, depending on what result you want to get.

10.11. Process the petals on a hard cushion with a double knife with medium pressure.

12, 13, 14. On a soft pillow with a strong pressure formed by the Central veins. This can be done with other different attachments (if you are the lucky owner of a set of beads, then go ahead and experiment), but I am lazy and continue to use a double knife. What about those unfortunate that have not yet joined the ranks of bolelshikov? (I was one of them for a very long time). Do not despair and remember that our hands are not for boredom, you can Shoe a flea if you want! Tip: use to start an ordinary soldering iron low power (or large, but often off if no temperature adjustment) with a standard nozzle which can be beat with a hammer and sharpen by needle file or sandpaper to the desired thickness. The volume of the petals can be given by searching for some rounded object, and on it stretch the skin to the desired state.

14. We try to reduce the lines to the center (and not like me, but let's assume that the Maestro performed this only for clarity, to show how not to!) and the more details you see on a real flower and "draw" them with the help of beads, the more picturesque and realistic the result will be.

15. The reverse side of the Narcissus blank.

16. Using a large round Bulka, we will give the workpiece a volume (convexity).

17. Bulim on a soft pillow with a strong pressure, as if pressing a petal and scrolling the soldering iron.

18. We do this with all the midpoints.

19, 20. On some blanks, we make only the middle veins.

21, 22. All the leaves are also processed with a double knife.

23,24. From round flat "pancakes" we make three-dimensional hemispheres (future middles), still working on a soft pillow with strong pressure. The smaller the billet, the smaller the size of the Bulka, and Vice versa.

25. From a piece of suede, make a pestle. This step is not mandatory, but remember: the more details, the more realistic the Narcissus will be in the end.

26. Fold the piece in half.

27. Dip your fingers in the PVA glue and scroll with force, forming one end thicker (there will be no manicure).

28. Correct and shape while the workpiece is wet.

29. From scraps of skin, we will cut the future stamens finely, in the future their length can be adjusted depending on what we need.

30,31,32. We fix the stamens with wire, you can use ready-made ones.

33,34. The blanks are ready for tinting. The skin often changes its color and becomes darker while wet. when drying, the result may be different, depending on the type of skin and the degree of its hydration.

35,36. In order not to dirty the palette every time, I squeeze the tempera into mini-jars, several colors in each, and if they are mixed, I just type the color that I need more on the brush. Tinting with a semi-dry brush.

37. Some petals can be left without tinting, its degree and intensity is a matter of taste of the master, as well as depends on the materials, technique and specific ideas.

38. Do not forget to tone the leaves.

39. Order of Assembly of the long-nosed Narcissus.

40,41,42. In the middle of the flowers, make a hole with an awl.

Of 43.44. We collect the long-nosed daffodil, wrap the stamens and pestle on the wire with a "crown", which we also glue a little overlap or butt.

45,46,47,48. The order of the Narcissus Assembly, all layers are glued. It is not necessary to use this method (on the wire), but it gives more space for creativity in the future use of the flower. It can be collected in a bouquet, woven into a wreath, etc.

49, 50. Now let's design the stem. We'll glue it all over.

51. Press the edges well.

52. To cut off the excess close to the wire.

53.54. The result is a neat stalk that can be bent as you like.

55. Similarly, we collect a round daffodil, only it does not need to glue the "crown", instead we use blanks-hemispheres (Fig. 33,34).

56. Daffodil made of leather is ready. Two different patterns, two different flowers, one manufacturing scheme.

Let's start with the hyacinths. I will show you a simple way to make something very similar to this wonderful flower. It consists of two parts: the preparation of the stem and the inflorescence itself.

57. Cut strips of skin about 1 cm wide into the length necessary for the future stem. Prepare a 1 mm wire and coat everything with glue at the Moment.

58. Press the edges tightly.

59. Cut off excess skin close to the wire.

60. For inflorescences, cut long triangular strips that taper to one end. Lubricate their edges with glue.

61. Press firmly.

62.63. Finely chop, without cutting to the end.

64. Apply glue to the side of the gluing (as if from the end) and start carefully gluing to the stem from the narrow end, turning the workpiece clockwise.

65, 66, 67. We continue to wrap the" snake " around the stem, tightly pressing each subsequent turn.

68. Slightly tinted with paint hyacinth inflorescence.

Part three. The preparation of the composition.

69, 70. Now we have almost ready-made flowers and leaves of Narcissus and hyacinth, it is already beautiful, but it is only a handful, you need to arrange it in the composition.

71. Cut out a circle about 5 cm in diameter from dense leather, this will be the basis of the composition.

72. Thickly apply the glue moment.

73. Before you start gluing all the elements to the base, just place them on the table surface, roughly marking the position of each leaf and flower, move and rearrange the flowers, determining the most advantageous and successful layout option.

74.75 . Then you can start gluing leaves, fringes, and flowers. Apply enough glue to hold everything firmly.

76. We glue the leaves in layers, thus making the structure strong.

$ 77.78 / barrel. Glue the flowers. Stems with a base of wire will serve us in the future good service, you can bend the finished brooch, giving it a shape, depending on where you want to fix it.

Of 79.80. We string beads on cotton cords (I have onyx and agate krakle) and paste them on the base

81. Everything needs to be pressed down well in order to ensure that the parts are well glued together, and in order to avoid excess volume.

82, 83, 84. From above, everything is beautiful, but if you look under the flower, you can see the places of gluing. We look under each flower and cover all the ugliness with new layers of leaves, strengthening and decorating the entire structure.

Part four. Preparing the attachment.

85. When the entire composition is glued to the base, you can start preparing the attachment.

86. From the skin, cut out a piece, slightly larger than the base. You can give it the shape of a flower or a leaf.

87, 88. Approximately we plan the place of fastening of a pin. It is better to place it above the center.

89. Make 3 marks.

90. Cut them with a knife.

91. Fasten the pin from this end, do not rush to display both parts of the pin on the front side.

93. For a start, everything is again well glued.

94.95. And now you can thread the rest of the pin .

96.97. Sandpaper is good to RUB the place of future bonding on the basis of the brooch and the pin itself, too.

98. Apply the glue to the sanded surfaces, wait for 10-15 minutes (this is important, although sometimes it is very impatient! :)

99. Glue both surfaces together, pressing them well.

100 (!) The brooch is ready!

Who finished reading (at least finished) to the end, take a pie from the shelf!

The master class is participating in the "Easter traditions" contest, and I will be happy to hear your voices, do not hesitate to click "Like" if the lesson was useful! When copying materials, please provide a direct link! Thank you for your attention, share your opinions in the comments!

The master class is participating in the "Easter traditions" contest, and I will be happy to hear your voices, do not hesitate to click "Like" if the lesson was useful! When copying materials, please provide a direct link! Thank you for your attention, share your opinions in the comments!