DIY Cardboard Box

Want to surprise your friends? Then stock up on cardboard and putty! With the help of these materials you can create cool things!

I really wanted to make a chest. And so I did it! I am sharing my master class.

To create a chest you need:

• cardboard;
  • box as a base (can be glued from cardboard);
  • wooden putty;
  • acrylic paints;
  • napkins;
  • PVA glue;
  • peas;
  • foamiran;
  • castle;
  • and various items for decoration at your discretion.

First, I cut the “boards” along the length of the box walls.

My cardboard is not very thick, so I divided the “boards” into two parts.

I pasted the entire wall of the box, leaving a small gap between the strips.

The picture is glued again with cardboard. Thus, the box began to look more like a chest.

The roof was also made of cut cardboard strips. The base of the lid is the simplest sheet of cardboard.

When everything was assembled, you need to glue the joints with napkins. Dry.

After we get down to the fun part - putty. When we apply it, we move the brush in the “plaque” direction. Using a toothpick, remove excess with a joint and make a relief over the entire surface. Dry is good.

We cover with acrylic - first black, then dark brown, light brown. In the end, I went through bronze to give a shine.

I cut the strips of felt, painted with brown paint, dried and glued peas I dried it.

I glued these strips along the edges of the box and on the lid. The result is a good imitation of rusty metal.

On the sides of the bark, I inserted rings from the cornice :) Well, I fixed a couple of pieces of iron for the castle :)

There was another idea to wrap it in chains, but did not find suitable ones (then it will generally look cool! :)

Detailed workshop in the video!

Enjoy your viewing and creative inspiration!