Perfect Minimalism: Perry Lancaster's Cute Animals That Strike In Their Elegance

Sculptor Perrry Lancaster was born in 1969 in the UK in the County of Cambridgeshire. In 1988, he started working in a studio of famous designer John Fox. There he gained basic knowledge and developed a sense of the aesthetics of simplicity. In 2000, Perry moved to the South of France and continued working with wood.

The elegant simplicity of Perry Lancaster's statuettes became his trademark. He caught the fine line between the simple, perfectly smooth shape and the complex texture of the wood.

For his products, Perry uses exotic woods: yew, cocobolo, ebony, rosewood, pterocarpus, zebrano, amaranth, bubinga. The wood is selected and processed to ensure stability during operation and prevent deformation.

Each wood type has its own unique pattern of annual rings and knots, with its own texture peculiar only to this type. For Perry, the whole magic ritual is searching for "the wood" that will "play" in the finished product.

"At the end of each year, I usually find a huge pile of wood, and my new year begins with the fact that I'm looking for small living creatures in these rough bars. Some animals wait for their fate for months, sometimes for years. And I am always extremely happy to meet them again after a long separation", says Perry Lancaster.

It all starts with a careless outline of the future figure. And then in the hands of the artist, who removes the wood layer by layer, a slender and unusual sculpture is born.

The perfect smoothness of the figure is achieved by hand sanding with sandpaper.

The final important touch. The finished product is covered with a mixture of beeswax and natural oils. At this stage, the entire inner beauty of the tree is revealed.

Perry Lancaster doesn't use any paints and varnishes, and is very proud of it. Its products are completely natural and eco-friendly. And the natural beauty of wood can be admired endlessly.

A family of wooden cats, a mother cat talking to her kittens.

Little pigs.

A cat with a luxurious mottled golden texture. Carved from the moabi tree, also known as the African pear.

Cat and mouse made of ebony.

Cat from Bubinga. This is a very difficult wood to work with, but it has a beautiful color and texture.

A pair of polar bears.

The cat is carved from chic amaranth wood with an unusual natural color.

I love Perry's elegant figures. They want not only to look at, but also to stroke, enjoying every touch. Did you like Perry Lancaster's work?
Put "Like", add a post to your favorites, and share your impressions in the comments.