Creating Bear Brooch From Leftovers And Scraps

Bear brooches appeared as a consequence of the urgent need to use (do not throw away!) pieces of fleece that remained after cutting toys.

For those smart guys who understand everything from the first photo (like me) and who are only bored by lengthy explanations (like me), the title photo will be enough.

All others please proceed further. The tutorial begins...

Materials are simple and clear:

- tiny piece of fleece;

- a tiny hank of yarn;

- a drop of sintepon / holofiber;

- clasp for a brooch;

- beads for the eyes, if they are assumed to be (who knows);

- thread, needles, scissors.

I will not humiliate readers with a pattern — everyone can circle and draw ears. I usually love to use... what am I circling? A glass? Yes, it looks like it... Souvenir shot glass from Dubai. (No, I don't drink. No, I wasn't there.)

A tiny trick: to make the two parts symmetrical, you can draw and cut out one circle, and cut out the second one using it as a template.

We sew the details with the blanket stitch. The ears can be separated from the head by several stitches.

This is followed by padding. To avoid bumps and skews, I suggest in the middle of the stitching process to put inside some holofiber flatbreads and sew up to the end.

Making out a face. Beady eyes can be sewn through, slightly pulling together, so the face will become more expressive, and the knot will hide behind the clasp.

A tiny trick: you can leave the chin more than you would like, then it will be convenient to sew a scarf on it (it's good that the Bear can't hear me).

For a scarf, you need very small remnants of yarn. We cast on literally 4-5 loops on thin needles (I use hosiery-they are short, it is more convenient). Trying on every two minutes, we tie the elastic band as much as necessary for the idea. Options for the idea: tuck the ends of the scarf, tie a beautiful knot, leave hanging, add brushes...

We wrap up the bear, sew the scarf with threads in the same tone (to the same chin) and the clasp for the brooch. If it is not present, the bear itself can be sewn to where it is supposed to be worn — on a hat, scarf, jacket collar, bag.

The Bear is ready, the tutorial ended unexpectedly. I did not think that so much can be written about such a small hero.

Yes, I almost forgot! If you liked the tutorial, do not click on the buttons, it is better to go sew a brooch and give it to your child. Your own or someone else's.

Peace to you!

Needle~