Portrait Without Face On It? Easy! 25 Photos That Prove That Appearance Is Not The Main Thing

Usually, the word "portrait" means a person's face is there. But often hands can tell a lot more about a person than facial features, especially if the work involves manual labor. Photographer Ksenia Suldina vividly illustrated this in the project "Your Hands".

Photographer's Hands

All images in the series depict a person's hands and objects that they use in their professional or creative activities. The person's face remains off-screen.

Artist's Hands

These portraits reflect an important part of a person's life — a job or a hobby. At the same time, each picture is not only a personal portrait, but also illustrates a generalized image of any person who is engaged in the same business.

Doctor's Hands

As part of the project, Ksenia created more than a hundred photos, but I was most interested in the hands of creative people. After all, often their hands are the main tool for them.

Jeweler's Hands

Makeup Artist's Hands

I think in the following pictures, many will recognize themselves :)

Embroiderer's Hands

Knitter's Hands

Seamstress's Hands

There are several pictures of the musicians' hands — just fascinating.

Drummer's Hands

Violinist's Hands

Flutist's Hands

This picture brings back memories of school years:

Schoolgirl's Hands

And here is a shot from the series "Find the cat" :)

Hand Sewn Watch Straps

Caution: the following pictures cause an irresistible desire to eat a delicious meal!

Pastry Chef's Hands

Pastry Chef's Hands

And this one can make you run for flowers:

These hands are familiar to many women :)

Hairdresser's Hands

Manicurist's Hands

And these usually remain behind the scenes.

News Anchor's Hands

Light Operator's Hands

And a few more pictures of creative hands for inspiration.

How do you like Ksenia's project? Would you like to participate in something like this? I think these photos would look great in the "about creativity" section or among the pictures of the work :)

Thank you for your attention