DIY ''Heart'' Bookmark In 10 Minutes

So, there was February 14, Valentine's Day! And I want to congratulate everyone, and even those who are still without their second half, on this holiday! And as my Valentine gift for you there is a small and very easy tutorial on making a bookmark in the form of a heart!

We will need:

• Cardboard.
  • Leather or thick fabric, or cardboard.
  • Thread. I used waxed leather, but any one will do.
  • Needle.
  • Scissors.
  • Awl or center punch.
  • Pencil or pen for writing.

Step 1. Making a template.

- First you need to draw or print a small heart about 6 by 5.5 cm

- Mark the heart on the cardboard. Cut the heart out of the paper and circle it on the cardboard. Here you should immediately mark the future holes for stitching.

- Cut out the workpiece, make holes. I only got 15 holes.

Tip: make the holes before cutting out the template. The distance and size of the holes can be changed, I took the margin from the edge of the product in 3 mm, and the distance between the holes is 4 mm.

Step 2. Cut out the details.

-Using a template, we mark two identical parts.

- Cut out the halves of the future bookmark.

- We make holes with an awl.

Tip: it is better to mark the holes with a needle, and do it from the front side, then the leather will fit inside.

Step 3. Stitching the bookmark

- Here everything is simple — we sew two halves.

Tip: you can choose any seam, you can find them on the Internet. But keep in mind, the less volume of the seam — the better, it's a bookmark, it should be as thin as possible!

That's it! Simple, isn't it? And it is very cool that in fact you can make a useful and cute thing from the waste of production!

Thanks for your attention!