How To Sew Dress For Textile Doll

I present to your attention a little tutorial on sewing a miniature elegant dress for a textile doll.

Materials and tools:

• main fabric (cotton);
  • extra fabric;
  • scissors;
  • needles;
  • thread, the color of the fabric;
  • lace or braid to decorate the hem of the dress;
  • ribbon or bow to decorate the top of the dress;
  • miniature buttons;
  • gold and silver thread (for decorative stitching);
  • "Zig-zag" scissors;
  • "Moment Crystal" glue;
  • doll model.

For my dress I will use a very beautiful, in my opinion, fabric with a snowflakes pattern. The fabric itself is green and seems to be made in the technique of tie-dyeing.

As an additional fabric, I also took cotton, plain, firm "Peppy", the most suitable color.

In order to make a pattern of the upper part of the dress, simply adjust the size to our doll pattern found on the Internet.

I got very narrow shoulders, so I suggest to make the width of this part of the pattern not less than one centimeter, otherwise it will be very difficult to turn and there is a risk to break the line.

The pattern of the lower skirt will serve as a rectangle. I have this 15 centimeters on 5 see waist my dolls 9 centimeters, and I made pattern skirts wider, to form a pleats. The top skirt is the same rectangle, only rounded at the bottom.

I translate the pattern on the fabric with a marker which is washed off with water.

Sew the two upper parts of the dress from the main and additional fabric and cut the allowances with "Zig-Zag" scissors or make small incisions in the rounded places.

Sew the bottom skirt, and then the top, forming folds. Decorate the hem of the dress with beautiful lace or braid, and lay a decorative stitch with gold or silver threads. Sew back buttons and make loops of thread. The front of the dress is decorated with a bow of thin satin ribbon or organza ribbon and a button or bead.

Detailed video on sewing this dress:

I sew everything by hand, so sewing even the smallest things takes me a lot of time, but this New Year I chose a sewing machine as a gift :)

I wish you all success and congratulations on the coming New Year! :)