Practical View On LEGO Bricks: Ideas For Home And More

Today, LEGO is known to everyone. Perhaps every modern child has LEGO bricks. And few people know that the history of LEGO has its roots in Denmark, back in 1932.

And this is not the beginning. Since then, the company's founder Ole Kirk Christiansen made ironing boards, ladders, stools and wooden toys.

The first patent for "self-locking building blocks" was obtained in 1939 by Briton Hilary Fisher Page, founder of Kiddicraft. His invention resembled modern LEGO bricks.

Ole Kirk Christiansen perfected the cube by changing the shape of the slot in the bottom for better fastening. In 1949, he introduced his version called "automatic bonding blocks" and began mass production.

And in 1958, Godtfred Kirk Christiansen (Ole's son) received his most famous patent for a protrusion clamping system in a block. Flip any LEGO cube and you will see this system. Page's base bricks did not have such a system, and therefore large structures from Kiddicraft could not, for example, be turned over.

Thus, more than one generation of boys and girls grew up with LEGO. And in their adult life, too, there is a place for bright cubes. LEGO has a practical use, that's a fact. Look at these photos.

Together with children, you can make stands for pencils, toothbrushes, vases for flowers.

Bright flower pots will decorate any windowsill.

It is pleasant to read fairy tales in the winter evening with a self-made lamp from LEGO.

This idea from LEGO especially appealed to my son — wire holders. Simple and brilliant!

LEGO clock, mirror, photo stands will decorate the children's room.

It's nice to go home and hang your key on the bright holder.

No mother could resist a gift in such a stylish box.

The most daring parents will find the use of LEGO in the interior.

Who will like this feeder more — children or birds?

There is no limit to fantasies. Handbags and clutches are very original.

And of course, there is no limit to perfection. Sculptures from LEGO, perhaps, can be considered art of the modern world.

Still picking up the blocks the kids have scattered around the house, like me? Isn't it time to look at LEGO in a new way and create something original and useful? I've already picked up a few ideas. And you?