DIY Christmas Tangerine Of Felt

Decorate the house for Christmas and the New Year holidays by creative and easy means! With the help of felt we can make unusual Christmas decorations or a garland. This toy will not only be a bright and beautiful decoration of the Christmas tree, but it is also very safe. After all, nothing will happen to it :)

You will need: felt (you can get different thickness for leaves and the tangerine itself), filler for plastic (acrylic, polyester, wool, etc.), embroidery floss (colors: beige, brown, orange), needle (it is better to get the one for cross stitch), scissors, glue (I'm working with a glue gun), a cardboard template for the toys (mine is 7 cm in diameter), satin ribbon (width up to 5 mm, length about 16 cm).

Step 1. Put the template on a sheet of orange felt, trace it along the contour, and then cut out circles with scissors, we need two pieces. For leaves I do not use a template, you can cut them yourself of any desired size. We also need each in two pieces.

Step 2. Now we are going to make “dimples” in a tangerine. Use floss of beige color (you can use all 6 threads or divide into 3). The tail of the thread is fixed from the back side or with a knot. Make small stitches from the outside of the circle (about 1-2 mm). After both parts of the tangerine are ready, on one of them (any) closer to the edge (from the back side), we glue a satin ribbon folded in half - on it the toy can be hung on the Christmas tree.

Step 3. Now we begin to sew the leaves to our tangerine. The tips of the leaves are sewn closer to the edge of the outer side of the circle to which the satin ribbon is not glued. And forth thread (use floss of brown color) embroider skeleton leaf (look at photo). Do the same with the second leaf.

Step 4. After the leaves are sewn, we begin to sew both parts of the tangerine with a loop stitch. Use floss of orange color. It is best to start under one of the leaves.

Step 5. Not reaching the end, tightly fill the toy with padding polyester, but so that our seam is not spoiled. And then we finish the toy to the end, the tip of the thread is hidden inside. If the seam is slightly curved, smooth by hand.

Our tangerines are ready! Now the New Year will be definitely bright :)