Japanese Cook Conquers Internet With Masterpiece Fish Cuts

When you hear "art", food isn't the first thing that comes to your mind, is it? The Japanese cook known as Mikyoui00 could argue. He and his family live in the Matsuyama city, it's a port city so they have easy access to super fresh fish.
While teaching his son the basics of sushi cooking, a Japanese culinary artist discovered that he had a talent for creating unusual images from raw fish, which he used as a teaching tool. Since then, he has created stunning images of women with full skirts, Disney characters, dancers, birds with fluffy feathers, dragons, fireworks, angels — all from fish. The work of the amateur artist is not just surprising with attention to detail, scenes depicting figures in motion look bright and alive.

Even more impressive is the fact that Mikyou does not work in the culinary or design industry! In an interview, the artist said he was just a home cook who wanted to instill a love of cooking and aesthetics in his son. Most of his techniques can be learned by watching his videos, he also set himself the task of recreating the dishes of some professional chefs.

As his skills developed, Mikyou began experimenting with different kinds of fish and other ingredients. If you follow the photos that the master posted, you can see how his creations become more complicated over time.

You may have noticed that most of his paintings depict women. That's because, according to Mikyou, it's easier to arrange pieces of fish into flowing lines, recreating, for example, skirts and long hair. Some of his most popular works depict Disney princesses, Ariel from the little Mermaid, Rapunzel, recreated with attention to detail.
Among the images of the master there are mythical creatures such as majestic dragons and unicorns.

All of Mikyou's creations are made for his family, who enjoy them for dinner.
"I used to enjoy watching my youngest son get embarrassed and upset when I create something too beautiful, but now my creations no longer surprise the family. They just quietly eat them."