How To Make Bookmark

Recently I have decided to recycle the remnants of materials, but there was not much of paper that it wouldn't be enough to make postcards. So I decided to make a series of bookmarks and filmed a mini tutorial in the process.

First, prepare the materials. Here are strips of cardboard bent in half, which is the base 26x5 cm, in the bent state it is 13x5 cm. You can make bigger ones but I built on my scraps of paper. The bookmark is sort of a doubled one: a half of it will stay in a book and the other half will be decorated. Also you need to cut a little smaller workpiece from the paper, a couple millimeters smaller one, I have it of 12.8x4.8 cm. Tone on the edge, age with scissors or a distressor and stitch on the machine around the perimeter. Because of the lack of the right size, I sewed the base of two pieces, and then sewed a thin cotton lace in the middle.

Also, after tinting, I slightly stained the base with peach-colored acrylic to give complexity to the paper.

With the help of a big shot and plates for stamping, I squeezed tracing paper and received different substrate, airy but with texture.

After that, I figured out the composition and sewed everything I could.

Next, I glued a plaster frame, chipboard, sewed a button, decorated with liquid pearls and only then glued the paper base to the cardboard blank.

And here's how a bookmark looks in a book.