Creating Mini-Album Of Convenient Design

Today I wanted to show a design resemblong an accordion, which I had not invented myself (the authorship is not claimed). I modified it a little and constantly use it in different variations. I think almost everyone did an "accordion" album, there is a slight difference in the fact that you can save some paper in connections. So, look.

To begin with, cut all the sheets to a height of 17 cm (or 15 or 16, depending on the desired format). There should be pieces of 17 on 13 cm. Pay attention to the pattern, it should be vertical, as in an example with a page with clouds.

Next, fold the sheet in half and from the middle bend fold again to the right and left at a distance of half an inch or about a centimeter. The size doesn't matter, it can be done a lot more or smaller.

Here is the bend we get, that's it, and then you can later attach an additional page, overlay or small cards.

Thus, fold all the sheets, and then glue this bend from the back side, using double-sided tape or glue of the "Moment" type.

Next we can trim the spread to get a natural or desired size, usually I have 10x15, 12x16 or 13x17 cm.

Next, decorate each individual page, without gluing together, because suddenly you will need something to stitch through or thread brads! From the rest of the paper we get a lot of different clamshells and pockets. I will tell you more about them on a ready-made example.

Then, when everything is already decorated, lay out our spreads in the right order and glue together, leaving the first and last page, in order to glue the cover to them.

That's it!

Cover. Cut out two pieces of desirable size from scraps, in this case I have 13x17cm, and combine their either with fabric or with bent thick paper. You can also use book sheets, soft tracing paper, faux leather, lace, anything that will come into your head. The thickness of the spine shoud be correspondant to the one of the album, I usually do a little bigger one to ensure proper bending. Try on to your workpiece and then sew or glue. Since I have fabric, I sew to the paper.

In the end I eventually stopped liking the cover and I changed it :)

Sometimes you need to glue a tape to the spreads along the spine to make it solid, I act on situation. Here you can see that tissue spine could be slightly smaller.

As there were many decorative cards, I have styled with them most of the connections. Although usually I just cut a piece (or two) from the scraps to fit the page 13x17 cm and get an additional spread. Sometimes I make the same page of thick film, it looks good too!

An example of one of the works, all you have to do is to fold the sheet once in half, or, as here, twice :)

For attaching almost everywhere I use doubled cord.

Here the album consisting of a piece of paper 11x30 cm, bent in half. And you can perfectly place standard photos 10x15 cm on empty pages.

Another option is to stick a strip of paper, bending the page and already stick a rectangle under the photo on it.

Here, too, is a scrap of paper, bent twice, only glued to the lintel.

Here is an album. It is very convenient to paste standard photos 10x15 cm. Not so many secrets, everything is simple and clear, but you can show imagination and make it to your liking! I just showed you how I do it. :)