Embroidered Greenhouse: Voluminous Panels By Carrie Goff That Can Easily Replace House Plants

Flora is rich in beauty: evergreen and flowering, with needles and a pleasant "fluff", herbaceous and tree-like — together and separately, plants can turn any room into a paradise.

I love flowers and house plants, but I do not know how to take care of them. So I have only the most persistent ones — tested with too rare watering, scorching sun and cat curiosity. And also I love embroidery: I embroider myself and gladly admire works of craftsmen from around the globe. So today I would like to introduce you the three-dimensional panels by American embroiderer Carrie Goff, who harmoniously intertwine both worlds - floral and creative ones.

Carrie says that one of her most vivid childhood memories is trying to draw an apple. "I was still very young," says the craftswoman. "I knew what an apple looked like, but I couldn't convert the image from my head into the correct movements of a pencil on paper. Eventually, I climbed into my mother's laps and asked for help. She drew me an apple so quickly and skillfully that I was really amazed. Me, too, wanted learn to draw like that, right there! I wanted to draw and draw until I could draw everything. It is a real happiness to imagine something — and then watch how an idea is embodied in the outlines and colors. Watching something imaginary come to LIFE is what makes me feel alive."

A child's dream to become an artist eventually grew into a passion for other types of creativity and, finally, in embroidery. Today Carrie creates real miniature greenhouses, bouquets and even mini-ponds with her own hands.

Most often, the heroes of 3D embroidery are a variety of cacti and succulents:

Some of them later turn into charming pendants:

Luxurious bouquets and modest floral arrangements also have a place:

Carrie loves to experiment with forms and materials, so in miniature ponds there are not only lilies, but also fish:

Sometimes the craftswoman makes out the pleasant quotes in the form of an embroidery. For example, this panel is dedicated to all mothers in the world, many of whom have to perform a thousand different things at the same time. And Carrie knows firsthand how hard it is: she has a son, who needs thorough watch and care. So the inscription here is simple: "Mama tried." But how much of the subtext in these two words! :)

But this quote is sure to appeal to all lovers of the energizing drink:

Well, personally, I like plants in pots the most. Stunningly realistic, aren't they?

How do you like house plants? Would you get yourself a couple? :)
Put "Like", add the publication to your favorites and share your impressions in the comments!