Felt Ornithology: Craftswoman Creates Birds That Seem To Be About To Fly
  • Category: Ideas & Inspiration
  • Practices: Felting

I love birds! I even have a special app on my phone so that when I meet an unknown bird I could quickly specify the size, color and place and discover what bird is in front of me. Therefore, I always admire artists-"ornithologists", who create birds from polymer clay, fabric, paper. It is especially interesting, if there is a place for inhabitants of our region in their creativity. Exotic creatures are undeniably beautiful, but it's nicer for me to recognize old forest acquaintances :)

Today I want to introduce you the skilled artist who is engaged in felting and makes birds of felt. I could find just a bit of Information about the craftswoman – I know that the girl's name is Morita, and that she's from Japan. Morita has been creating for four years, and she makes unknown birds from distant countries from photographs. Although, as I understood, the animal worlds in Russua and Japan have many similarities (correct me if I'm wrong!) – at least I got such an impression from the craftswoman's works.

Some birds are made close to the real size, and some are quite miniature. Let's take a look together :)

Here are parrots and penguins:

Morita makes such trinkets:

Do you like birds? Do you recognize them all?