Artist Repaints Dolls So That They Are Pleasant To Look At

Thanks to Olga Kamenetskaya, I finally found out what those letters stand for – "OOAK", – when talking about the dolls. One of a kind. Artists completely transform a mass-production doll, changing her makeup and hairstyle, and Olga — one of these fairies.

Experiments began with Monster High dolls in 2012, and since then Olga has accumulated a wealth of experience with dolls from a variety of manufacturers, from affordable to elite. Many dolls devoted to celebrities, some made to order, and some looks appeared only with the help of the artist's imagination.

Olga believes that human beauty is created by our little imperfections, and it definitely adds to their characters some flaws, perhaps imperceptible at first sight. And wrinkles and even light circles under the eyes make these dolls completely "alive".

The creation of the look takes about a week, given that the artist is engaged in this full-time :)

Let's admire this transformation, here is a series of photos "before" and "after":

And here are some other dolls: I didn't find any "before" pictures, but these heroines I remember most:

Olga at work:

Do you like such "live" dolls? If you ordered a portrait doll for yourself, who would it be?