How To Make Table Lamp From Cups and Teapot

I want to say that the manufacturing process of a lamp from cups is quite complicated. And since there is a drill and electrical equipment in the work, it is also traumatic. Be very careful!

What you need to make a lamp from cups:

Drill, ceramic drill, cups, saucer, teapot, compass, pencil, ruler, aligner, screwdriver, ceramic glue, masking tape, wooden stand, spray color, lampshade, wire, bulb holder, switch, plug for electricity, metal tube, gloves.

The drill looks like this:

Drill for ceramics. It is very important that it was it, then get to drill holes in the cups without chips and relatively quickly

Choose the dishes from which the lamp will be made. We have a tea set and a teapot without a lid.

Paste the tape on the bottoms of the dishes. Dishes are usually very slippery and adhesive tape allows the drill not to slip.

Find the centre of a cup, teapot, saucers, and with a compass draw a circle which then we drill.

Drill. Do not forget about safety, take care of your hands. We use gloves when performing such works.

That's what happens in the end.

The bases are ready, you can assemble the lamp. In this tutorial, a wooden base has been added. It is also made by hand, if you want a tutorial on it, write in the comments.

If you want a lamp without a wooden base, just skip all the steps that are associated with it. A saucer can serve as the base of the lamp. Then the saucer-base is not necessary to drill, the electric wire is then removed from the side hole in the cup-base. I hope this photo is clear what I mean.

This particular tutorial is about a lamp on a wooden base. Here are the workpieces:

Now take a wooden base and a metal tube. Select the diameter of the tube which will fit the base, lampshade and bulb holder.

Mark the planned center and drill a hole with a drill.

Note the two holes in the wooden base. The first is through, the second is wider than the middle of the base.

Glue a metal tube to a wooden base. Be sure to let it dry.

Make sure the tube is well glued to the base. Then take the utensils on the phone with the order which you like most. Fasten with glue.

We started with the teapot.

Apply glue to the rim of the teapot. Epoxy dries quickly, so hurry up.

Glue the saucer to the teapot.

Glue a cup on a saucer.

Add the lampshade base ti the metal tube affixed to the base.

Paint the base of the lampshade with spray paint, that's what happens.

Next, stretch an electric cord through a metal tube, insert the cartridge.

Put on the lampshade.

On the wooden base, we attach metal legs, they allow the wire to freely exit the wooden base. That's what I mean.

If it is interesting (write in the comments), I will make another tutorial on how to make a lamp from cups without a wooden base. There will be less steps.

Thank you for your attention.