Magnificent French Dresses from the 19th Century

Not long ago I saw very rare antiques in one shop — real French dresses from the 19th century.

These are truly museum specimens in a very good condition for their venerable age.

But at the same time, anyone who wants to can buy them to feel like a Queen. Of course, the prices are high, about 1.5-2.5 thousand euros, which is understandable, because there are few such dresses in the world.

I invite you to admire these magnificent French dresses, to look at them in detail.

There are only 6 dresses, but they all different!

Fine handmade works are amazing, the details and cut are gorgeous, and the materials from which they are made are fabulous because of their beauty and texture.

The first dress is an evening silk gown from Art Nouveau era, it dates back to 1898.

Combination of plain silk with silk, embroidered with flower bouquets, makes this dress elegant, while a wide rotten green velvet belt highlights an aspen waist, tightened in a corset.

The second dress is made for day visits, it is made from Polka dot lilac silk with black lace.

The era of Napoleon III, around 1870. The dress consists of a corsage and a skirt. As you can see in the photo, this dress is large.

The third dress is an evening gown or a dress for receptions with a train, 1877-1880, it is made from golden silk. The corsage is buttoned in the front, while the skirt is hooked at the back. Combination of plain silk and silk with flowers looks very nice. The sleeves still have original muslin.

The fourth dress is a ball gown from muslin era of Napoleon III, circa 1865.

It consists of three elements:

1. corsage with amazing embroidery, sleeves with fly rollers;

2. wide skirt;

3. over-skirts with lots of flounces.

The fifth dress with crinoline comes from the era of Napoleon III, circa 1850, "bronze" colour with daffodils as a decor. Beautiful wide sleeves make this dress especially chic! The dress fastens with hooks at the back.

The sixth is my favorite gorgeous blue ball gown!

Ball gown from the era of Napoleon III is made from silk with crinoline, circa 1865. This dress has a day bodice (with sleeves), as well as a ball bodice-neckline. Embroidery, original tulle and beautiful appliqué bows are preserved!

Which dress would you choose from them? Which dress did you like best?

As always, I wait for your feedback, and if it is interesting, then click "like"!