White Colour in Country House Interior

My friend painted walls and ceiling on the attic white, she also toned brown floor with white, hung bright curtains and paintings. The cottage is modest and old, but such a simple trick made it really charming!

So, white colour in a country house. It's probably not very common. The question of practicality, dirt from outside, children and grandchildren after playing in the fresh air — it's all clear. But white brings so many pleasant emotions, so take the idea into consideration.

If in general, white colour is very good for our emotional sphere, in cloudy weather, it cheers you up, when the weather is sunny, it just makes you happy! Feeling on light, cleanness, wooden walls are beautiful. Add more white furniture as well!

But it's not about painting everything in monotonous white, it is important to have shades. If the furniture is classically white, then a ceiling, walls need warmer shades — beige, or vanilla. Then white furniture will look much more interesting.

But I'm always for colour accents in details, like nice rich colours on a white background.

White colour is good in any room — in the kitchen and dining room, in the nursery and in the bedroom. What a field for beautiful details!

Yes, it is a Scandinavian style, it is very simple, but it is not about fashion, but rather about state of mind, about peace and harmony, about calmness and emotional comfort.

Here is a real photo from my friend's dacha, she was not afraid of white kitchen. Though the walls are made of drywall, but that's because she is tired of lining. Do you like the idea?