Decorating Sewing Machine Case in Decoupage Technique

If you have lovely old things and you want to keep memory of their owner, then this tutorial is for you.

This old sewing machine belongs to my friend, or rather her mother and my task was to give it a second life. Let's begin. You will need the following materials to work:

Prepare the lid and the bottom surface of the machine. Sand the lid and the bottom, wipe with a cloth and prime with a sponge in 2 layers, using white acrylic paint.

Apply the first coat of paint and dry with a hair dryer.

Apply the second layer of paint. Dry with the hair dryer.

Apply 2 layers of acrylic white paint on the bottom of the machine. Dry with the hair dryer.

Glue decoupage napkins with PVA glue, diluted with water (1:1). Glue the motif with a file, dry with the hair dryer.

Cover glued motifs with acrylic lacquer, dry with the hair dryer.

Next, complement the picture with structural paste. Apply it with a toothbrush.

Let dry. Prepare acrylic paints to draw the motifs. I draw the motifs with a small brush. To get cover surface shade, mix white and bronze acrylic paints. Apply this shade on the lid and bottom surface of the machine with a sponge.

Cover the bottom of the machine with bronze mixed with green (to match the leaves). Dry with the hair dryer.

Apply the same shade around the picture. Dry with the hair dryer.

Let dry. Next, cover with 2 layers of acrylic lacquer and dry. Then sand the surface with fine sandpaper, cover with another layer of varnish and dry. Yay, the work is ready! Now this old thing decorates warm and cozy house even more!

Thank you for your attention! I wish you all creative ideas, success and all the best!