''Thanks, I Don't Need a Bag'': Convenient Shopping Bags Options

On July 1, ''Plastic Free July" world challenge began. Many people challenged themselves to give up disposable plastic products (bags and plastic packaging) for a month. As for me, the idea is just wonderful! This makes you think about the amount of plastic waste that each person produces. Just pay attention to how many packages appear in your home even after a one-time trip to a shop.

In 2011, campaign to abandon plastic began in some offices in Western Australia with little initiative. During this time, this has become an international public campaign to abandon disposable plastic.

Challenge check-list: stop using plastic straws for drinks; use ordinary cutlery instead of disposable one on picnics and holidays; replace plastic film with paper or foil; instead of plastic bags take a reusable bag; prepare coffee at home or buy in your mug. Do not buy packaged fruits and vegetables. Buy bulk fruits and vegetables to place them in your bag; try to buy everyday products, such as cereals, pasta and tea not in packages; carry a reusable bottle for drinking water and do not buy water in disposable plastic bottles.

I think it is very attractive to use a reusable bag instead of packages. It is not only practical, but also very stylish and economic. Who else can support this idea better than us, artisans?

I chose some options for these bags.

Personally, I often go to the market with a bag, made of old jeans. It is eco-friendly and durable material.

You can decorate further as you like or leave it like that.

Note that no less popular option is a string-bag. It is relevant this year. It can be easily made macramé or crocheting techniques. Natural yarn and cords are in favour, these bags wash well and do not shrink. For convenience, you may insert a cloth bag inside.

Those who crochet may find many options on the Internet. Different styles and density. These bags look very impressive and very practical, they can be easily folded to put into a regular handbag.

(Eng. Crocheted bag)

For those who like more concise and practical models, fabric eco-bags with interesting drawings and prints are also suitable.

They can be decorated with stickers, appliqué or embroidery

I hope that plastic-free month will turn into a year. Or even more. Plastic packaging was first banned in Singapore, Taiwan and Bangladesh. It is difficult not to use plastic packaging, but we can minimize it. Every single action matters, so using things consciously in our daily life, we can prolong life on our Planet. Besides, life without plastic is better and healthier.

Are you ready to support this campaign? Are you ready to join the challenge?

I want to know about your experience.