Creating Handmade Cartoon to Increase Sales

Advertising is the engine of trade, so the more different ways to show yourself and your product an artisan have mastered, the more successful he/she is.

Handmade products need advertising. Livemaster offers many tutorials on how to make a photo box, set a beautiful angle or create a beautiful background. Buyers need to know about product and the more emotional this story will be, the more attention you will attract.

Cartoon is a universal and easily accessible opportunity to show your goods to everyone without exaggeration "in all its glory."

So, today I'll show you behind the scenes and tell you a few important secrets on how to shoot wonderful cartoon "Sea Adventure", which is made and voiced by children, and I will tell you how you can recreate this.

Please note: you may even see a change of day and night!

1. Plot

Time-lapse technology is simple and complex at the same time. Ideally, you need to create a detailed shot-by-shot story. However, I'll tell you a secret, I never follow this rule. If there is inspiration and excitement, then within a few hours you will be able to keep a high rate of shooting. It is important to arrange objects and change the scenery with approximately equal intervals.

Inspiration can tell you a lot of interesting tricks and how to perform them.

This video originally had only a general idea — sea and events at sea. With children actors, it is important to support the main idea with outfits. Children can not keep their attention for a long time, so mom needs to be ready to support and guide the development of the plot.

2. "Studio" Preparation

When shooting a cartoon, it is important to arrange background beautifully and creatively and pick up objects of about the same scale.

For the video, I used chalk board as a background and drew a wave of fog on it, I also painted a lighthouse blank and wooden figures of young sailors.

3. Light

It plays one of the most important roles in shooting quality video. Keep natural, non-flickering and even light of a shot unchanged throughout the shooting. Then editing will turn into pleasure.

4. Camera

To shoot a cartoon with handmade toys you do not need complex equipment, mobile phone with a good camera is enough. For time-lapse photography, be SURE to use a tripod and a single view for this camera. Ideally, if you want to take a picture from different sides, you need to use multiple cameras. The main camera can NOT be removed from the tripod when changing the angle and taken in hands.

Shooting with hands will not allow you to carry out a smooth editing, you will have a "jumping" horizon as you cannot keep hands at the same level with a camera in hands.

5. Shooting Process

Moving objects in the shot and scenery is important to do with the same interval. Then, in the process of editing you will not have too sharp jumps of video events. Do not spare time for shot-by-shot study of event details. The more object offsets you take for each event, the richer and more even the final video will look.

In this video about Sea Adventure all small details are made with love.

6. Installation

Don't worry, modern technology makes it more convenient for people with different levels of technical training. Use the most convenient video editing program for your photos, downloading it directly to your phone, with which you carried out shot-by-shot process. Any cropping or colour correction must be applied to all images in the series at the same time to ensure that all portions of the interval video are consistent.

As a more advanced option, you can download your photos to a computer and edit them, using a professional editor. A great option is video hosting, which has built-in editors with minimal, but very simple functions. At first, this is enough.

It is better to record sound separately. This will allow you to communicate calmly in the process of shooting, to discuss the layout of the shot. When a ready-made video is voiced, the picture sets the mood and pace. So, voice is more harmonious and diverse, and the sound track is uniform. Moreover, you can add music to it. It is only important to mention authorship in the description box under the video.

The obvious advantage of creating a time-lapse cartoon with handmade toys is a fascinating creative process that will bring a lot of pleasure to your children, and the result will be the pearl of your family archive.

DO NOT BE JEALOUS! Feel free to use toys from different manufacturers. The more friendly your toys are created to other toys, the more customers will come to your store.

Don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment. Likes are welcome.

See you in my next tutorial!