Earth Art Fest Beats Gravity: Balancing Stones

Once I got then unknown but interesting stones, called llanite. I started reading about them, searching... It turned out that homeland of these stones in Llano lives a very interesting life! :)

Imagine, there is a world championship on balancing stones! Created things are surprising and delightful! There are things that seem physically impossible, but they are right in front of you and in endless photographs.

The championship itself is very simple: put one stone on another, then another, and again, and each time check the balance of the structure. But when you see the results, it doesn't seem that simple.

There are several stone-balance styles - classic, free, arch, there are also rules and prohibitions: glue, ropes, rings, backup are prohibited. There are also opponents: the ideology of balancing stones implies non-interference in nature: stones are used without damage to wildlife, and then people return them to their original places. Moving stones is prohibited in national parks.

These are all details. For the audience it is just a miracle. Optical illusion. But according to laws of physics :)

Looking at new photos, I discovered new "places of creation": not only Llano, but also Italy, Germany, Taiwan, Canada.

I hope that these creative works, their incredible endurance and patience will make you as delighted as I was! :)

So, World Championship in Llano:

There are so many miracles at such, as it turned out, a small area for the championship! :)

What do you think?.. How does he do that?

The contest has a warm, friendly atmosphere and welcomes participants of all ages: when you create something amazing, this is not the main thing.

The first balancing may not be a global one at all :)

But I could hardly meditate so publicly with stones.

Completely amazing.

I didn't think it was that simple. But look at this!

Now some more photos about stone balancing from all over the world:

A long time ago, when I met the man of my life, on that very first day, we were making stone towers, being grown-ups already.

Perhaps that is why, after many years, I look with such delight at these photos of stone creations. At the photos of unreal beauty according to such simple laws of physics and gravity :)

Information about the World Championship and photos were found on the Internet.