''Ashes and Snow'' by Gregory Colbert

I want to introduce you to a very interesting photo project, a monochrome photo series "Ashes and Snow" by Gregory Colbert. In photos, he depicts a world in which the relations between people and animals are permeated with harmony and peace. Slowly, almost motionlessly, time flows through them, revealing the moment. The artist gives you an opportunity to literally freeze for a moment, immersed in absolute silence and concentration. To feel the charm of real motionlessness. The feeling of belonging to a huge living being, unity with the planet Earth.

Gregory Colbert was born in 1960 in Toronto, Canada. Colbert was looking for himself in different directions, tried to become a writer, shot several documentaries, together with cinematography he got engaged in photography. But in 1992 he disappeared from a civilized world. Over the next 10 years, he did not take part in exhibitions, was not published, did not show his films publicly. He devoted himself entirely to work on a new, very difficult and interesting project. Gregory travelled almost entire "uncivilized" world, visited India, Burma, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Namibia, Dominica, and many other exotic countries. "I set a goal to study relationship between human and animals as if from within," he explains his super-goal, "opening common language means and poetic perception, which all animals have, I try to restore basis of understanding that existed in those days when people lived in harmony with animals." His expeditions are surrounded by a mysterious aura.

He presented the result of his work at a solo exhibition in Venice in 2002, which made him instantly famous. The exhibition, called "Ashes and Snow", was a new format for such events. It delighted a lot of viewers!

Enjoy watching!