How to Set Locket and Lining in Purse

Today I want to share with you how to sew locket and lining in your purse.

Just note that I sew lining separately, after that I install a locket.

This method makes it easy to replace lining if there is such a need (for example, it can be stained, or accidentally torn, cut).

The tutorial is quite old, so I apologize for the quality of the photo. But it has not lost its relevance.

So, for example, I have felt bags for sure, but you can also take knitted, any other textile bag.

Having chosen a locket, matching your bag, start to sew it.

I use 2 Iris threads. It has a rich colour palette, and the thread is strong enough for this purpose.

On both sides of the case mark the centre on the edges (with a disappearing marker or chalk or stitch with a thread).

Start sewing the locket from the centre.

Combine the centre of one arc of the locket with the centre of another side of the bag, cover the edge with the locket, stitch skipping one hole in one direction.

Then go back to the skipped holes.

Continue to the right, skipping one hole.

Go back to the centre of the skipped stitches. Similarly, sew the second arc.

Cut out the lining matching bag size, adding several centimetres.

Treat the edges with overlock. Insert the lining inside the bag, turn the top edge, combine the centres, put in the arc of the locket.

Start sewing (I use mono thread). Put the needle inside, take a bead (you can do without it, just leave1 mm) and bring the needle out, in the same hole of the clasp.

Make a stitch on the outside, remove the needle inside (on the lining), strung beads, return to the same hole in the locket.

Continue like this until the end. You will get a neatly sewn lining with beads decor inside. You can also decorate the outer surface of the locket.

I hope it was interesting and useful for you.