Making Summer Emroidered Bracelet

I present to your attention a tutorial on creating a textile bracelet with embroidery. Embroidery can be any: cross stitch, satin stitch or even beads, I will show only how to assemble the bracelet itself.

For work, you will need:

• fabric (cotton, linen);
  • hoops;
  • adhesive net;
  • embroidery thread, matching fabric;
  • 40 cm of narrow lace (approx. 1 cm);
  • elastic band 5 cm;
  • button;
  • scissors;
  • needles.

To determine the size of fabric for your charm bracelet, you need to measure hand circumference (I have 17 cm), add 2,5 cm for bending and deformation of the fabric from embroidery. I have my bracelet 3 cm wide, plus about 3.5 cm outsize, it should be joint on the back side. It is better not to cut the fabric immediately to make it more convenient to put in the hoops.

Make an embroidery layout.

You do not need to embroider the whole bracelet (or whatever you want). On 15 cm hoops I have enough space for 14 cm diameter, 5 cm of embroidery.

Start embroidery with basic elements, then fill the rest.

You may choose not only white lace, but also to match embroidery colour. If you have more blue, so you may choose blue lace, etc.

The finished embroidery needs to be ironed. Cut out fabric of the desired size (only 19.5×6.5 cm approximately). Do not forget to ensure that the embroidery is in the centre of the bracelet.

Iron the edges.

Try on the lace, as far as it will be visible at the edges.

Fold the inner part and sew the lace, leaving 3-4 mm edge.

Cut out a piece of glue cobwebs 17×3 cm. Put in the inside of the bracelet and iron. Iron the edges of the bracelet.

The edges are also glued.

Cut out the second part of bracelet a bit smaller (3-4 mm) than the blank. Iron the same way, but without glue cobwebs.

Connect the two parts with adhesive web, leaving 1 cm unglued. Sew a loop from a round elastic band there.

Around the edge sew both parts of the bracelet with a hidden seam. Sew the button.

The bracelet is ready.

It remains only to try it on.

Thank you for your attention.

Ask me questions.

Good luck and be inspired!