Provence in the Kitchen

You cannot imagine Provence interior without textile. So, it is important to choose such shades that will be in harmony with the color of furniture and walls. You can not always find exactly what you need among ready-made things in stores. Handmade items make an interior really charming.

For example, I want to show the design of my kitchen. I do not insist on following the style completely :). For sure I try. I always change, remove, or add something. Now I have come to the fact that I have several sets for kitchen decoration with curtains, towels, aprons, potholders, curtains for covering a washing machine, tablecloths and runners/napkins to put on the table. I either bought or made something myself. I dream of having at least 4 full sets for each season.

One of kitchen sets has floral pattern, summer option. The design is dominated by roses.

The other is more calm, reserved. Of light gray shades.

But I did not stop there and decided to decorate the cabinets inside. I crocheted lace and secured it with velcro on the shelves in the cabinets with glass doors.

In addition, I crocheted a doily on the windowsill, pelmet for the window and crocheted the simplest lampshade from IKEA.

I'm not talking about the abundance of knitted napkins that I use to decorate the table and work surface.

Hand-knitted interior elements create an unusual atmosphere in the "village" interiors. Don't you think so? :)

The most frequent question that I am asked is that I have so much lace in the kitchen, and everything gets dirty, dusty etc. But I do not suffer from any "side effects" of the interior. The main thing is time to wash and wipe the dust. The power of joy from beauty is many times greater than the energy spent on cleaning. What a laundry I have several times a year! :). Lace and roses :). It is just a dream :).