Provence in Urban Apartment

Thinking about a basic style for the design of the apartment, I chose Provence. It is clear that this style is more suitable for a country house, not an apartment. But it has everything that I love so much: vintage things, an abundance of beautiful small details, handmade decor, a lot of textile, light shades. So I decided to risk and make it :)

The most "Provence" place turned out to be the hallway. With its help, it is easier to illustrate basic techniques to create Provence mood in any interior. First of all, it is, of course, color. Walls, floor, ceiling should be light. In a small apartment this is especially topical. Light colors expand space, give more air.

Combination of different textures, imitating natural materials (but real ones are better), creates special charm. Open shelves, decorated with beautiful keepsakes of matching color and style, will make your interior charming. For this you can sacrifice the simplicity of cleaning. Floral motifs, but calm and discreet, make the interior especially gentle. Of course, furniture sets the tone. It is cool if the furniture is vintage, beautifully restored. However, modern manufacturers offer interesting options with different price tags.

I knit, sew and embroider, so I just had to decorate the interior with little handmade things. For example, embroidered pictures, knitted pillows, napkins, lavender sachets. In a modern apartment, it is difficult to place old, vintage object. But we managed to do it — we found a beautiful phone, stylized as the first model by Alexander Bell. It works, and you can use it.

It seems to me that any interior is incomplete without a beautiful clock. By the way, every room in my flat has a clock of a matching style. The hallway has a wonderful double-sided clock, reminiscent of a clock somewhere at a station in London of the early 20th century.

Another "feature", without which it is difficult to imagine Provence interior, is flowers: live, artificial, dried. In summer I try to collect a bouquet of wild flowers. Potted flowers won't survive here — there's not much light. In winter I use dried flowers to revive my interior. Basically, it is lavender, heather, wheat and oats. There is also a composition of artificial flowers — under the telephone table. It is good that now artificial flowers look more like the real ones.