Flawless Coats 2019-20

This article is devoted to coats, someone may think it`s early, but I think that is the right time!

I have a very disciplined client. Her entire wardrobe is made from Italian fabrics, she buys only underwear, stockings and outwear in the shops.

So, in summer she buys fabrics for winter and sews warm clothes, and in winter – on the contrary.

But I think about winter clothes with the first snowflakes. As a result, this season we did not have time to sew a coat, we cut fabric, assembled... and it began: business trips, New Year dresses, customers with a request to sew a summer dress for vacation etc. You need to switch to another thing, especially since fashion trends are already known!

So, coat!

It is believed that the cocoon coat owes its appearance to Cristobal Balenciaga in 1957, there is also a version that it was much earlier, in the early 20th century, but still it became popular due to Balenciaga.

Since then, the cut has been in and out of fashion many times. Now it conquers the fashion Olympus.

The coat in the form of a cocoon of a butterfly is a thrend of the fall-winter season 2019-20.

I wanted to start with a coat by Balenciaga, but changed my mind, here it is more important to place those models that you want to repeat or use the details when creating your look, and I wasn`t pleased by a collection by this fashion house.

Below is the coat by Chloe, interesting details: cut of sleeves and clasp in the form of a windproof valve as on the jacket.

But I seem to be especially interested in a fresh interpretation of Balenciaga ideas, presented in the following models, the fit of the sleeve makes the form of a cocoon:

Coat by young promising Australian designer, Dion Lee

Sport Max also has a very architectural model

I like this one as well, coat by Mugler

Clothes in the modern world should be not only practical, but also instagrammable. Jonathan Anderson tried to follow this rule in his new collection Loewe. I enjoyed... the coat, not the outfit or hair!

Another fashionable idea is embroidery on the coat. In this case, a cocoon coat with a floral print by Erdem

It is enough of a cocoon coat, let`s move to cape coat - another fashion story of 2019-20

The first capes appeared in medieval England to be protected from the weather. In the Victorian era, cape complemented the evening look of the lady. It was made of the most expensive fabrics. In Russia, such a coat was called a solop.

In the 1960s, cape became immensely popular due to fashion designers Ossie Clark and Pierre Cardin. That time, the cape was worn not only by women but also by men, for example, by musician Mick Jagger. Then, people lost interest in it, but in recent years, cape has become trendy again.

Cape by Celine

Cape by Dennis Basso

Cape by Valentino

Cape by Max Mara

Cape by Chloe

Moving on to the next fashion trend 2019-20 - coat with broad shoulders and oversized coat.

The main representative of surrealism in fashion and rival of Gabrielle Chanel was Elsa Schiaparelli, she went down in the history of fashion as a rebel and innovator thanks to "shocking pink", zippers and overalls, which she added to female wardrobe. She began to wear clothes with shoulder pads in the 1930s, even before they became a familiar element of women's wardrobe. By the 1940s, broad-shouldered jackets and coats were finally in fashion.

A young but popular brand from Sweden, Acne Studios, the whole collection with broad shoulders makes you want something. At least a coat!

In Givenchy collection this shoulder cut is also repeated in several models, I like it.

Here I put an oversize coat by Italian luxurious clothing brand Genny, but if you wear this coat of a smaller size, only the cut of sleeves is interesting.

This coat from Fendy summer collection I like much more, and since the cut remains relevant, I place it as a sample. Pay your attention to volume pockets on the peak!

In the same collection I put a coat by Nina Ricci, the feeling of oversize is not created by the cut, but by a fashionable detail - a scarf made of the same fabric as the coat!

Moving on to the minimalistic feminine style, here I like so many models that the choice was not easy!

Chalayan

Fendi

Marc Jacobs

Prada

I love that one!

Coat in Victorian style with embroidery by fashionable and promising Brock Collection

Of course, these are not all the fashion trend, there are still multilayer coats, coats with floral print, combined with quilted fabric etc., but I decided to add only these models and trends - they are perfect, in my opinion.

What kind of coat do you find interesting?