Decorating Holiday Glasses

Today we will continue the topic of "Paper Decor". We'll decorate glasses.

These glasses can be made for a wedding, anniversary, any special event.

They are inexpensive to make, but you will get great pleasure from work and will have a beautiful thing that nobody has.

There are no identical flowers. Therefore, if you make a couple of glasses, then make them both at once.

You have probably seen my tutorial on creating inexpensive basis for greenery.

You have probably tried making petals.

Also have a look at this tutorial.

Today we will use the techniques from these tutorials.

Let us decorate glasses as we`re experts in this field.

The first thing we need is a glass. Any, you will just choose the size of the petals and their number for your glass, it's not difficult. I have one.

We have talked about paints too. Here I use printing red paint.

It should be diluted in water in a small container to a consistency of what color you want to have petals.

I make it brighter so I can see. In another container (I have a lid from the jar) you need to pour a more saturated shade, then you will understand why.

In a small container pour PVA glue and prepare a small brush. Prepare everything at once. It is desirable to close glue for it not to dry. It can be from a tube, but it's more convenient for me.

Prepare paper. We agreed that you measure your glass and take your height. I take drawing paper. You can choose paper for pastels, but I like the drawing paper more, and it is a little thin here.

Cut a strip of 7 cm. Cut into squares 7*6 cm. You need seven pieces. You can make a little book of 2 or three squares, when cutting you will immediately get 2 or 3 petals. Squares should be 7*7 cm, 14 pieces.

You can circle a leaf from an artificial rose, but here it is not difficult to draw.

I have 3 rows of petals, 7 petals in one. You can make the petals of the first row from a square 6*7 cm. They are a bit narrower.

Petals of the 2nd and the 3rd rows from squares 7 by 7 cm make with uneven tops.

Now we turn to dirty work. Spread the film, put on gloves, otherwise your hands will be red for a long time.

Moisten the petals of the first row, patting in the paint 7 narrow petals one by one.

Next to me I have glue in the lid.

Hold a little, pull out everything on the film. When you`ll crush the petals, check if they are rough, if so, let them lie for a little longer, but note that they are already dry, and you will have to wait.

Again, take a piece of bag, put the petal in a folded bag and concertina up, and then twist in one direction.

Unfold carefully, straightening the middle. The bottom should be gathered, and the top is slightly straightened.

In this form, dip the top into a concentrated solution. Just the tip of the petal, that's important. Why and took a very small container.

Apply glue on 2 cm of the bottom of the glass.

I always apply glue on the first petal, leaving 1 cm unglued and apply only a half of a petal on the glass as you will put the last petal of the row on it.

The glass itself tells us how to glue a petal. Middle falls on the convex part of the glass, gather at the bottom (dry paper gives us that opportunity) and apply glue in all the folds that were formed below and a crush the petal in the middle.

Then see how far you need to apply glue to the next petal, so I apply glue on a half of a petal and on an empty part. So it is more convenient, we do not straighten the folds on the petals, and fix glue well. The last petal is placed under the first. Each time we start from the middle of the previous petal

The first row of 7 petals is ready.

Take wide petals and do the same. The upper tips of the petals are poured into the second solution as well.

Only raise them up for the solution to get into the veins unevenly.

The petals are folded in order. When all are processed, twist the first petal on both sides, giving a beautiful shape.

The petal should be concave inside, and the top of the petal outside. Just like this. Go one by one. Start gluing with the first one.

The second row is glued as the first, apply the glue to the middle of the petal. Adjust its disclosure. You decide how it will look. Glue the petals, starting from the junction of 2 petals of the first row.

Everything else is similar to the first row. If you suddenly do not have a petal, do not close the last row, add another petal, otherwise it will be ugly.

Two rows are ready. The third row is exactly the same. Just coat with glue below the middle and close the last petal to the first. At this stage, you can release the petals slightly down or vice versa up. Here your fantasy works.

Add sepals. I made a flower with a punch, mapped out the tops and cut it out as a star. Made a notch. But this is not necessary, they still need to be cut, so you can just make the size as you need, 5 narrow leaves.

I made sepals through the film, as well as the petals of the flower. Dipped the tips into the darker paint and let it flow through the veins. It turned out like this. The material in the photo is dots on the glass. You can make a contour. Glue the sepals.

That's all, the glass is ready. I made a little green rim for sepals of old clay and glued with PVA glue.

Petals can be very different in color and texture. Next to this, I have the first experimental glass, I showed the to the customer. Its middle petals are smaller than the main ones. There are a lot of options.

You will be pleased by this work greatly. You may add champagne. Flower can be done as in the previous tutorial.

The leg can also be different, be creative.

I will be glad if my idea of decoration of glasses was useful for you. By the way, at the wedding they looked very nice.

Petals can be narrow, like a dahlia has or wide as a bell-flower has.

Write what glasses you have made.

Thanks for stopping by. Subscribe to keep up with the news.

Good luck!