Painting Christmas ball: Portrait of Anakin Skywalker

Not so long ago, I finished painting portraits of characters from Harry Potter movies and books and started creating a new collection based on Star Wars universe. This portrait on the Christmas ball is dedicated to Anakin Skywalker from the third chapter of the saga.

I performed it in the following stages:

• Primer Christmas ball (glass) — this time I was a bit lazy and did not dry the brush completely before using the ground. Because of this, the ground was too diluted and after drying it began to fly off in pieces, so pay special attention not only to the materials but also to the tools that you work with.
  • The portrait itself. I pay as much attention to the miniature portrait as possible, I try to convey the smallest features of the human face. What is interesting is that the older a person is, the more flaws, wrinkles, scars he/she has, so it is easier to paint a portrait to make it recognizable. But you`ll work more with cute faces! :) Write your questions in the comments, I will answer, and if there are many questions, I will record a video with a detailed analysis.

I used the following materials:

• Christmas ball;
  • oil paint Pebeo XL.

Below is a video with detailed stages of work! :)