Making Dry-Resistant Palette for Acrylic Paints

This is a very small tutorial that will help you to avoid drying paints on the palette, and thus reduce their consumption.

More of this palette, of course, is necessary for those who draw with acrylic or make a sketch when decoupage. After all, sometimes it is so difficult to find the right shade. When you find one, it is awful when it dries on an ordinary palette...

It's simple.

For the palette you will need any container with a lid. I have decided to use a metal box for chocolate, pre-decorated beforehand.

You will also need:

1. Some porous material — ideally it is a layer of thin foam. I replaced foam with an absorbent cleaning cloth.

2. The sheets of thick tracing paper.

Cut out two parts to match the size of the box — from porous material and tracing paper.

By the way, it is not necessary to make the exact pattern — perhaps both parts, especially paper one, will change from time to time.

Put the porous layer on the bottom and soak it with water. Put the tracing paper on top.

That is all The palette is ready. You may apply paints in it.

Tracing paper will be dosed to transfer moisture to the paint. The cover will protect paints from getting dry.

I wish you a passionate and comfortable drawing!

Thanks for reading :)