Makeup is My Palette, My Face is My Canvas: Makeup as Art by James Charles

I am sincerely happy when I find examples of men on the Internet who have found themselves in art — those who knit, embroider, sew amazing patchwork. Their courage and dedication in "women's needlework" make you look deeper, get inspired. They help you to understand and accept that talent is more important than prejudice.

Though in the fashion world, the presence of men is no surprise: Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Karl Lagerfeld, Ellie Saab and Zuhair Murad, Gianni Versace, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana — these names have already put themselves on record. Generations of designers, fashion designers, stylists and make-up artists grew up on their example. Today I would like to introduce you to one of the brightest representatives of the modern beauty community — James Charles.

James Charles is a young makeup artist from New York. According to him, he loved drawing since childhood, but did not achieve much success in painting. When 16, he came up with the idea... to draw on his own face. So from secret experiments with his mother's cosmetics grew a great talent for turning a human face into a real art object. Drawing attention to the unusual hobby of son, the parents did not forbid James to engage in his favorite work. On the contrary, they supported him, and father`s office became the first studio for the young man.

Today, just three years after the first "cosmetics drawings", James Charles has achieved popularity around the world: the number of subscribers on his social networks has already exceeded 15 million people, and he has collaborated with many American celebrities — including the Kardashian sisters.

I offer you a selection of the most impressive works by James Charles. All of them are made using the most common foundations, shadows and lipsticks:

Do you think makeup is a form of art? Share your impressions in the comments!