Painted dreams by Wendy Andrew

Wendy Andrew is an English artist.

Wendy Andrew started painting from a very early age. For the first time she attended drawing classes with her father, a professional artist, at the age of six.

She received a degree in Fine Arts at Cheltenham in 1979.

In 1989, Wendy began professional painting, and during that time she created many beautiful paintings of wildlife. Many of her works were published in the form of postcards, puzzles, trays, kitchen utensils, cans, plates for collecting and so on. Gradually, Wendy's love for mythology moved to her work. Over the past few years, Wendy has become internationally recognized for her goddesses and mythological plots. Her paintings are in different collections around the world.

Wendy works mostly in watercolor, but she also uses oil, acrylic paints and pastels.

Wendy says: "I am inspired by the shimmering beauty of the natural world, and myths like dreams are my passion.

Long ago we entered the misty realms for a long time and forever. It tells ancient stories that teach us the cyclical nature of life... the goodness of Mother Earth, her strength and her fragility in the battles and harmoby between a man and a woman... and so on and so forth... This is timeless time of our inner consciousness, and the truths of life lie here.

I want my paintings to act as portals through which you, the viewer, can enter these mythical worlds and enrich yourself with what you find there..."