2020 Сruise Сollection by Christian Dior

I liked this collection so much! ALL of it! Even the smallest details. I offer you, dear readers, to plunge into the world of ethnics and modernity, into the world full of mysterious sounds and phenomena, into the world of fire and wind, into the world of Dior fashion...
29 April 2019. Luxurious El Badi Palace, located in the heart of Marrakesh, was lit up by thousands of lights and filled with the sounds of ritual drums and flutes on the occasion of 2020 Cruise Collection by Maria Grazia Chiuri.

(photographer: Rafael Dautigny)
Oh! It was a bright journey that seemed to stop the flow of time.
In search of inspiration the couturier often refers to the cultures of the African continent. This time Morocco was chosen, a place where Mediterranean, European and African civilizations meets, which has been attracting artists, poets, writers and travelers. The leitmotif of this collection was wax fabrics, which absorbed the traditions of several cultures. Look at how beautifully the monochrome ornaments in the style of "toilet de Jouy" and patterns of Tarot cards are interwined, how ethnic symbols and signs make embroidery and lace speak in their dialect. A delight!

(photo taken from the Internet)
As for the accessories, did you notice them? I will focus a little more on jewellery.
These are all kinds of baubles, and pearl jewels with pendants in the shape of African animals, large ring-figures, long chains and chokers, made of different materials. Beautiful!

(photo: Morgan O'Donovan)

You can see the fragments of the show in the official video.

Press "like", add the publication to your "favorites" and comment what outfits inspired you, what details did you like the most!