Spiky Cacti in Embroidery
  • Category: Ideas & Inspiration
  • Practices: Needlework

Cacti are unpretentious plants that require very little care and maintenance, they reproduce easily. For different peoples cacti are symbols of longevity and health, many make them intelligent, and still believe that they have healing properties. All plants that have thorns have long been credited with the ability to protect the house from invasion of "dishonest" guests. Cactus is no exception, so this flower is a "warrior" and protector.

Recently, the floral theme in embroidery has become really popular. So, cacti occupy an important place here.

In embroidery symbolism is of great importance for many people. There are whole catalogs of embroidery signs. Embroidered cactus is considered a watchman at home, it will scare away evil spirits and prevent disease.

Having been engaged in cross stitch for more than 15 years, I somehow did not happen to embroider these spiky "cuties". But when I see an embroidered cactus, it always amazes with its simplicity and luxury.

On the Internet you may find numerous embroideries with these cute prickly plants! Thanks to my favorite craft web-sites and social network communities, I was able to gather a small and varied "collection".

The abundance of plots and projects that range from traditional to more modern is striking.

There are huge embroidered paintings, which can compete with art paintings:

Or very small, so-called miniatures that can easily be placed even in a pocket on clothes:

Almost every company that produces goods for needlework presents embroidery with cacti.

So, the company Maria Iskusnitsa (lit. Maria Needlewoman) has great cushions. A couple of these pillows can make a cozy arrangement on any sofa:

The company Panna has a story called Florarium. Cacti in modern vases made of glass look very interesting in the form of embroidery:

Cacti may be not only cross stitched, but also needlepointed. For example, here is an embroidery on a black canvas, it looks very stylish. It can be inserted into a special hoop-frame: embroidery will look nice and unusual:

Another option:

Very impressive, volume and bright cacti, embroidered with beads or ribbons:

A little more beauty without any comments: