Creating Handmade Ornate Clutch

In this tutorial I will tell you how to make a simple but elegant summer clutch. I wanted to make an ornate part with thin threads, but there was a problem: what would serve as a framework? This is perhaps the main secret of this bag :)

Let's get started!

1. Materials.

You will need:

• any yarn. For delicate patterns, you`d better choose cotton or linen (like me);
  • felt, I have a cut 20*23 cm, 4 mm thick;
  • zipper of a suitable length (I cut the desired length from the long zipper);
  • crochet hook (my No. 2), needle, matching thread;
  • carbine;
  • for decor use beads, rhinestones — at your discretion.

2. Determine the size of the clutch and cut out a felt rectangle.

3. Crochet your favorite pattern, trying to match the felt rectangle, but be sure to count outsizes for the width (stock) of about 0.5 mm. I have crocheted a pattern "shells", but for them to be as volume as in the photo, you need to alternate rows with shells and rows with single crochets (just tie along the entire length over the shells). The scheme is attached below. Next, come to wet-heat treatment, simply — washing, iron with steam (cotton and linen should be ironed at 3).

4. Fold the felt in half and connect the edges with hand stitches.

5. Zipper. I decided to sew it from the outside, I always look at a particular case, sometimes it's better to sew it from the inside.

6. It is better to pin the zipper to check how it closes.

7. My zipper is longer than needed, I started with the free end and neatly sewed the zipper to the edges of the felt.

8. Sew the zipper along the clutch, as well as fix the teeth with individual stitches.

9. Sew a crocheted rectangle from the back side at the edges, turn out.

10. It remains to pull the crocheted part on the felt and secure it with stitches along the zipper. To make it evenly, use tailor pins. Almost done!

11. I added a crocheted handle, attached it to the carabiner, and as a decoration I sewed beads on the clutch. The handle is connected with 2 rows of single crochets and fixing last — slip stitches. Choose a handle length yourself.

Ready! Clutch is suitable for almost any clothes, both everyday and holiday :) Create to have fun!