Painting Christmas Ball: Madame Hooch from Harry Potter Books

We were on vacation for almost a month and forgot about my work a little... But we have returned and are ready to continue! So, I keep on making a series of portraits on Christmas balls devoted Harry Potter. This time we have the little-known but nevertheless interesting person — Madam Hooch. Who does not remember this teacher of flying on a broom and a coach of Quidich at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I performed it in the following stages:

• primering Christmas ball (glass) — as glass does not keep all the materials, after drying it is necessary to use specialized primers that will allow you to fix the final work on the glass;
  • a pencil drawing on a primed ball — to be honest, I use tracing paper to transfer the original picture. This simplifies the work in terms of time greatly and does not diminish your skill in the eyes of other artists.
  • the portrait itself. As you may have noticed, I do not draw in the classical technique (pencil, underpainting...) and immediately working through the individual details of the portrait almost to the end. It's wrong, but who cares why I do it this way?!

You need the following materials:

• Christmas ball;
  • oil paint Pebeo XL.

Below is a video with detailed stages of work! :)