Through Hardships to the Stars: Look from Inside

To start with, the story is based on real events. I would like to begin with a banal question, who is a designer. This person is unique, creative, feeling the "smell of fashion", creating style and, now most importantly, the style in which you want to dress and enjoy. Almost everyone who graduated from a designer faculty knows the first part of this concept while only 10 %, unfortunately, have the second part, an internal feeling. That is so!

I have been working with designers for more than 10 years. Of course, only one of them deserves my trust and respect. Now I want to really dispel the myth that being a designer is cool!

Firstly, without a professional well-coordinated team, the designer will not be able to make his/her unique ideas come true! Trust me, it is very difficult to find such people, unfortunately, there are less and less of such people as a designer, cutter, tailor because these people are the power of a designer. Professionals are expensive, and it's right! Staff turnover also has not been canceled... Let's say that everything is fine in this regard. However, the very creation of the collection requires incredible mental and artistic efforts. The correct sketch readable by the designer is not only about an artistic picture. A selection of fabrics, accessories, briefly, it is 24 hours` work a day. Well, it is cool if a fabric store is nearby, but 10 are still better. A true designer sniffs, gropes fabric and then goes the most difficult, the embodiment. I respect professional designers, to create an accurate pattern is the "Golden core" of any collection. Then go layouts, a lot of layouts, worked to the brilliance. The cut of the cutter should be clear to the tailor, all the small notches, share threads. The skill of the tailor can only be judged at the end of the work. A designer doesn't stop thinking all the time.

Secondly, even a more difficult stage begins, sale of the collection, which begins long before its creation. Acquaintance and meeting with people who love fashion, respect it, small receptions, photo shoots, small articles in magazines, well, and social network as well. While it all seems to be a holiday, the designer understands that the guests who came, cannot neither buy nor get anything, but in spite of all these, at one point they may want a cashmere coat, and the faster it is, the better the team starts working quickly and smoothly. What happens is unexpected as due to the workload of the team the designer turns into a cutter and even a tailor, so as not to lose clients and an extra penny. Yes, it is so, knowledge of tailoring has not been canceled.

Thirdly, the designer is the same as a manager is. I do not know whether it is interesting or not, but the saddest thing is that the collection may not be in demand. Everything that the designer has created, put his/her soul in it, did not attract attention. Collections can hang for years, so the designer is a businessman, who has calculations about expenses next to the drawings on the table, there are more expenses than income.

But, despite all the hardships, a real designer holds his head up, goes further and, ultimately, he/she gets the sweetest — a reputation, loyalty of the customers! You can write about this a lot and everything is important!

Of course, someone may disagree with me, but I am grateful to everyone who have read my article, and lived with me this period of life.