Tutorial on Creating Interior Wreath of Natural Materials, Foamiran

Natural materials sometimes strike by their diversity. Any bump, twig or nut, even if it can look blank at first glance, may be a great decor in interior compositions. So I suggest creating an interior wreath of natural materials in the shape of a heart with me. For more elegance, we will complement it with roses from foamiran. I will tell you about the materials that I used in my work, but, in fact, you can use absolutely anything, it all depends on your imagination.

Materials: marshmallow foamiran of any color (in my work I used purple and milk), fir cones, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, Casuarina cones, alder cones, acorn hats, birch saws, pistachio shells, dried flowers, as well as decorative twigs and decorative beads. In addition, you need cardboard, foil, old newspapers, tape, burlap, twine, glue gun and glue rods, respectively.

First of all, we will prepare a part of the natural material. Tint fir cones, alder cones and walnuts with ordinary paint from a spray can and leave till completely dry.

The next step is to prepare the form. To do this, draw a heart on a sheet of paper of the size you need.

Transfer the form on a dense cardboard and cut out two hearts. On each form attach a fastening of twine, for greater reliability fix it to the cardboard with hot glue. Then glue the two forms together. I always use two forms in order to get a denser base, because in the end the wreath is quite volume and heavy. Crush old newspapers and with the help of an ordinary thread fasten them to the cardboard base, thus forming the height you need. Then wrap the newspaper base with tape, leveling the surface. Many do not do this and prefer to glue the burlap on the newspaper at once, but it is easier for me when I have a flat, fixed surface.

Cover the heart with burlap. The base is ready!

Next, turn to preparation of colors, to the most time-consuming and long process. Cut foamiran into squares 3*3 cm. Cut a petal from each square in order to make it easier to cut out the cardboard blank and cut the petals on it.

One rose has 15-16 petals, but the number may vary, depending on the necessary splendor of the flower. Here begins the most time-consuming process that requires patience — processing petals! Fold each petal several times and press it with your fingers, thereby thinning foamiran and giving the petal a more realistic look. Align and slightly extend the rubbed petal, making a small indentation. Marshmallow foamiran stretches really well, so to form a petal without heat treatment is easy enough.

When all the petals are prepared, proceed to the assembly of the flower. Form a drop of foil.

The first petal is glued tightly to the drop.

Glue the second petal in front of the first, form a bud of the roses, and glue all subsequent petals in a circle, gradually opening the flower.

All roses are ready! The number of colors can be any, it all depends on your desire!

Now, the roses delight us with their beauty, the basis is ready, the materials are also prepared, you can start the most exciting process — the assembly of the wreath. This process is so addictive that sometimes it is impossible to stop until you bring it to a logical conclusion.

First of all, fix the flowers with hot glue. Then glue the largest materials: fir cones, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.

Then move on to smaller: saw cut birch, caps of acorns, decorative twigs, etc. Fill spaces with dried flowers (cotton bolls are good for that), shells of pistachio nuts, small alder knobs, etc.

In conclusion, decorate the wreath with beads. The interior wreath is ready to please its owner!

Good luck!