''Game of Thrones'': Unique Handmade Costumes

The last season of "Game of Thrones" is being released, it is a pity, of course. Costumes of the characters are seen on the screen for a few minutes or even seconds, but some of them are real works of art!

Let's take a closer look at these magnificent works.

In the story, Sansa Stark embroidered the costumes herself, but who created all this beauty in reality?

Michele Clapton, costume designer. Michele got inspired from the costumes of Medieval Europe, creating something special.

Here's what Michelle herself says about her work: "When I design costumes, I sometimes do not turn to the history of fashion, but just try to imagine what opportunities people had at that time and in those conditions of life. How would they create these costumes, we ourselves try to do as much manual work as possible. I forbade the use an overlock in 99 % of cases and encouraged manual finishing for 100 %. We have our own weavers, embroiderers and artists who print patterns on fabrics, because a lot of costumes are created from scratch."

Hand embroidery on the costumes was made by hundreds of embroiderers under the guidance of the historical embroidery artist, Michele Carragher, together they created the magical world of Westeros.

Embroidered coats of arms of Starks, Lannisters, Tully. For embroidery, in addition to threads bugles, Swarovski crystals, metal beads and rings were used to create a 3D pattern.

Costumes of The North.

Costumes of The South.

The costume of each character is absolutely unique. All patterns, patches, decorations are selected individually and sewn by hand. Iron, leather, silk and precious stones are selected based on the time, location of the character. Up to 15 people work with each costume.

The suits in the last seasons have less embroidery, more armour, more dark colors.

Sansa's dress is embroidered with crow feathers.

I hope everything will end well, though it is hard to believe in it...

Photos were taken from open sources, thank you for reading.