Huge Chambord Castle Flea Market
  • Category: Entertaining Stories
  • Practices: Recycling

It has become a tradition to hold a holiday every year on May 1 in the alleys of Chambord castle. There's a big flea market here.

More than 500 participants come from all regions of France to this event.

There are even more visitors at this flea market: thousands and thousands of people come every year to the beautiful castle of Chambord.

This year I also was there, and I really liked it, though I do not like such a big flea maket as it was tiresome and crowded!

Many rows of professional sellers with a variety of antique and vintage knick-knacks.

There were so many things, see yourself!

Even such a huge boar's head that is a hunting trophy!

There were a lot of different glass everywhere, but such a huge plaster sculpture of a boy is rather rare for flea markets, it's scary to stumble on it at home at night!

I have seen a lot of rare antique treasures, and their prices matched them!

I noticed that the closer the sellers were to the castle, the higher their prices were.

These are probably the old walls of the castle that influenced them!

This table with antiques stood right in front of the Chambord castle, and they looked really harmoniously together, as if these little things used to live in the castle!

It is rare to find such a beautiful ancient sculpture of Jeanne d'Arc.

What a beautiful box-statuette of the Art Deco era, and that rarely happens, it is in excellent condition!

This table had a lot different mantel clocks of different state, some of them did not even have a clock face!

I have also noticed that there were few articles of ancient furniture at the flea market, apparently sellers preferred smaller things.

What a nice dressing table!

I was lucky to find interesting things at this market.

My tour around the Chambord castle flea market ends here, I hope you were not bored with me!