• brass leaf;
  • glue and coating varnish for brass leaf;
  • self-hardening plastic;
  • molds;
  • texture paste;
  • stencil;
  • binding cardboard for legs;
  • faux leather.

The video is divided into 2 parts: the first shows the process of molding the Moon of self-hardening plastic, the second — decorating.

Brief explanation to the video:

• everything except the leather, paste or glue with "Moment Glue", "Liquid nails", or with 3D-gel;
  • glue leather with PVA.

1. I start with molding the Moon on the lid of the box: pencil outline, then cover the marked area with glue and fill with plastic. In order to smear one piece of plastic to another, slightly moisten the necessary area with water. After completion of the molding, I align the irregularities with hand, moistened with water.

2. I drill a hole for the key of the music mechanism.

3. Grinding the workpiece.

4. With the help of texture paste and stencil I put an ornament on the sides of the box.

5. I cover it with acrylic primer.

6. Glue brass leaf on the lid of the box: apply an even layer of glue for the brass leaf; after the glue gets transparent, cover the lid with sheets of brass leaf, pressing smoothly with hands and brush, after a while, remove the excess of the brass leaf with a brush and to avoid possible oxidation of it, cover with varnish for brass leaf.

7. Glue a thin decoupage card with glue-gel. Due to the thinness of paper, the lower brass leaf layer gives warm tone to the picture and quite noticeably shines through on the light areas of the image.

8. Make the legs: cut and glue the corresponding parts of bookbinding cardboard, glue dried legs to the box and further strengthen the connection of the legs with tissues soaked in PVA.

9. With the help of molds and dies I make 3D elements of self-hardening plastic. Without waiting for the plastic to dry, I stick them to the workpiece.

10. Glue fittings and cover all with black primer.

11. Paint missing parts of pictures with acrylic paints. Herewith:

— impart transparency to the layers of acrylic before applying the paint is mixed with glazing;

— to achieve the effect of depth when painting, follow the rule "from dark to light", that is, first apply dark layers, which are subsequently overlapped by lighter tones of paint.

12. After drying the ground, paint the black with the main color (metallic) with light strokes with semi-dry brush. To bring the brush to a semi-dry state, it is necessary to knock the brush on any surface after a set of paint (thereby removing excess paint and moisture from the brush). Do not apply paint in the recesses, or in translucent layers.

13. For greater relief, paint with lighter metallics somewhere (I have this paint-paste, but you can use acrylic paints).

14. Set the music mechanism: unscrew the key, glue the main part of the mechanism, insert the key into the drilled hole, screw it to the mechanism, glue the mechanism to the box. I cut out the case for the music mechanism from the binding cardboard and paste it over the mechanism, so that there is some space and the mechanism does not touch the body.

15. Cut and glue the leather parts. Mask the edges with cord. Tint the leather with the same metallics that were used to paint the outer parts of the box.

16. Varnish.