Jewellery Paintings by Frey Wille

Jewelry Paintings by FREY WILLE

Not so long ago, flipping through the magazine JEWELRY GARDEN, brought from St. Petersburg from the jewelry exhibition Junwex-2019, I came across favorite motifs of paintings by van Gogh, reproduced in metal. "Who could have gone that big, and made it that successfully with the work of this genius?" I thought. From the illustrations I looked over to the text — on this day no discovery happened — this jewels were created by a brand that I have long known, loved and respected, FREY WILLE. And my love for it does not fade till now.

This brand was founded in 1951 by the Austrian artist Michaela Frey. Though her name is only a part of the company name. The second half — WILLE — belongs to a friend of the artist — Friedrich Wille, who perfectly complemented the company by his entrepreneurial skills and good knowledge in the field of culture, artistic talent of Michaela and her great love for the work of modern artists. The company owes Friedrich no less than its founder, as he did not only make fresh, picturesque jewellery by Michaela famous all over the globe, but also kept the business afloat after her death.

Nowadays, FREY WILLE is led by Friedrich Wille and Simone Grunberger-Wille, art director of the company. Now this Austrian brand is a leader in the production of enamel jewelry in the world. Moreover, a leader of luxury jewels, because each product is created by hand. The secret of success of the company is the quality, the uniqueness of the jewellery, the originality of the enamel recipe that FREY WILLE got from its founder: bright, fresh shades do not lose their pristine over the years, and excite with their colors the views of thousands of people.

Jewellery by FREY WILLE are divided into collections-hommages to the work of artists: Klimt, Mucha, Hundertwasser, Malevich, Monet etc. Now Vincent van Gogh is among the "picturesque giants".

The canvases of the Dutch artist are distinguished by the "impasto" painting technique — a technique with the use of undiluted paint, which is densely applied on canvas. Initially, this method was used to mask defects in the process of painting, later it saw something more — the ability to create 3D images, amazing and unique textures.

The jewellery collection by FREY WILLE based on van Gogh's paintings is called "Infinity". Jewelers of the brand worked for several months to embody the famous paintings of the artist in metal and enamel — "Starry Night" and "Almond Blossom". The collection, presented to the world at the end of 2018, includes wide and narrow bracelets, earrings, pendants and watches decorated with fine details of van Gogh's works. Jewels with elements of "Starry Night" was called "Eternité", and "Almond Blossom" is presented in the collection of L'amandier, which is available in two versions — with pale pink flowers on a turquoise background or with white on red.

However, the collections of jewellery, based on the paintings of famous artists created by FREY WILLE earlier, do not lose their popularity and relevance.

FREY WILLE Jewellery from the series "Hommage to Gustav Klimt":

FREY WILLE Jewellery from the series "Hommage to Alphonse Mucha":

FREY WILLE Jewellery from the series "Hommage to Friedensreich Hundertwasser":

FREY WILLE Jewellery from the series "Hommage to Kazimir Malevich":

FREY WILLE Jewellery from the series "Hommage to Claude Monet":

— What's your favorite color?

— I don't have one.

— How can there not be a favorite color?
— It's like choosing one of the Beatles.
— Everyone has a favorite one from the Beatles!
— Not me. The other three will be offended.

(DC'S Legends of Tomorrow)

I can't choose the best of these incredible FREY WILLE`s jewellery. Maybe I shouldn't! Jewels, like the paintings of artists, which were created, are unique. Each has its own message, its own soul, its inspiration!