How to Make Liners for Envelopes

Liners (inserts) can give even the simplest kraft envelope an unusual look. I needed envelopes for invitations to child's birthday, so the paper is cheerful, and has polka dot pattern.

You can choose a more neutral pattern, choose white envelopes as blanks, and get a more gentle and romantic option, which is suitable for wedding invitations.

The technology is very simple, and it can not be called a complete tutorial. So, today we have a mini-tutorial.

For work, you will need:

1. Envelopes.

2. Decorative paper. It is important that the paper is not very thick (80-90gr/m2), almost like an ordinary office paper.

3. Glue or double-sided tape.

4. Scissors, knife, ruler, pencil.

5. Tool for creasing (I do not have in the photo). I have a metal spoke.

6. Ribbons and tags for decoration.

Firstly, trace the outline of the envelope on the back side of the paper (I have it white).

Leave 2 mm on the sides, 15 mm from below.

You can leave more space from the bottom, if you need, for example, many envelopes, and the paper is limited, you can leave smaller place from the bottom (3-4 cm).

Cut.

Try on the envelope. If the liner does not fit well, cut 1 mm of the sides.

Glue double-sided tape on the upper corner (or you can glue, but the tape is more convenient). It is better to glue the tape with a margin over the edge.

Then cut off the excess, repeating the shape of the envelope flap.

Try to make the tape almost not go beyond the line of the valve bend. It is not critical, but it will be easier to glue.

Insert the liner into the envelope, once again align, so that the angle of the liner coincides with the angle of the envelope. Tear off the protective strips of the tape and glue.

Then crease the flap on the line.

The envelope is ready.

Cut a paper line of 5 cm wide. Try on the envelope, curling on the sides.

Wrap the envelope with the liner, fix the ends with glue or double-sided tape.

You can add ribbons to decorate. Since we have envelopes for invitations, I added tags to sign the names of the guests.

Good luck!)