Embroidered Insects by Noboru Hoareau

I continue to write about amazing insects.

Since I myself love to embroider with beads, I could not miss the insects made in embroidery technique, especially because they are created by a man!

So, I introduce you the work of the French embroidery artist Noboru Hoareau and his unique creations.

Noboru embroiders his insects, using a Luneville hook, a needle and beads. He uses as many ancient and valuable materials as possible in his works, some beads or cabochons date back to the 19th century and to 1950s. Each insect is a union of high fashion and art craft. Each bug is unique and it is framed at the end of work. It all looks like a collection of real insects brought from a rainforest.

How has Noboru come to this work? Once the artist saw a selection of photos with buds covered with drops of dew. The insects were as if in shining pearl armors. Then he came up with the idea to bring this beauty to life in the form of embroidery. He wanted to show people who are afraid of insects that they can be not so scary, but amazing, beautiful and unique.

Aren't they beautiful!?

I hope you enjoyed the material.

All materials, photos are taken from the Internet.