Making ''Moonlight'' Box

I suggest decorating this box with me. The work on the implementation is not difficult, but very effective.

Materials you will need:

• MDF blank;
  • glue for goldleaf;
  • goldleaf wool;
  • transfer gel;
  • printouts;
  • acrylic lacquer;
  • rhinestone ribbon.

So, apply non-aqueous varnish on the MDF blank everywhere. I have a shellac alcohol varnish.

Let dry for two hours and prime the workpiece with two layers of soil Sonnet or white acrylic paint with mandatory drying between layers for 1 hour. I have Euro 7. After having dried the second layer, sand the casket.

Cover with glue all surfaces in turn for goldleaf, it is convenient to work in such a way. I have lotion for goldleaf of La Doratura company.

Wait till the glue for brass leaf is transparent. You can start gilding. I have chosen wool for gilding with light silver color. Carefully take the cotton with a brush and distribute it on the dried glue surface for the brass leaf. Having covered the surface with cotton, with a cotton pad smooth cotton and remove unnecessary pieces.

The result is fixed with a glossy varnish in three layers with intermediate drying.

According to my idea, I wanted to geе imitation of brocade on the surface — silver shimmering fabric.To do this, I have chosen black and white printouts on office paper. I mark them exactly by the size of the surfaces I want to cover.

Firstly, I tried to place the printout on SuperTransfer from Stamper company (see the photo). The technique is the following: apply the printout with picture down on the dried surface and water the paper with the brush. But something went wrong. The picture was not completely transferred, a part of it blurred. The surface got sticky.

I covered this sticky surface with two layers of varnish, but it did not help. The surface remained sticky. I took off all the brass leaf to the ground as the SuperTransfer dissolved all the layers of varnish and brass leaf. I had to sand, prime, gild, and varnish the surface again. Maybe I do not know how to use this composition, but I decided to use another transfer gel..

This time — transfer gel from Ora company. It's thick. I diluted it with water in a ratio of 1:1.

Put the printout on a napkin with a picture up. Apply the transfer gel on the printout, then on the box, then again on the printout and put the picture down on the box.

Carefully cover the printout with a clean paper napkin and iron it, expelling excess gel. You do not need a plastic card as it can expel all the gel, and you need it for gluing.

After that, attach the file and iron the printout with a little pressure with your hands.

Then dry the printout under a stream of cold air of your hair dryer for 10 minutes or in natural conditions for 30 minutes. After that, proceed to roll the paper. Soak the entire surface of the printout with water.

Now begin to wash the paper with a finger until you feel smoothness under your fingers and see full transparency of the picture.

After that, cover the result with three layers of glossy varnish with intermediate drying.

Decorate the box with rhinestone ribbons, chains of beads, rhinestones. Select what matches it and glue with B-7000.

Admire the result. I thank you for your attention! I wish you all to have a creative mood!