Dolls by Dorote Zaukaite

Not long ago I discovered the work of Dorote Zaukaite! I've always been fascinated by hinged creatures, and it is impposible not to fall in love with Dorote's dolls. These elongated neck, head with complex hair, and large, brooding eyes like a doll is far in its thoughts, not here :) I want to introduce you her work!
Dorote Zaukaite is a wonderful talented puppeteer, designer from Lithuania. Her creatures carry a subtle sense of magic, and if to look at them closely, the world around starts to be open, showing its secret, magic part. The clothes of her dolls are mostly in Baroque style, while mood is more Gothic, her characters are like ghosts. Sad, translucent, fragile and amazingly beautiful dolls.
Dorotу grew up with two grandmothers, a grandfather and a great-grandfather, who often told her fairy tales from their own childhood. The adults showed her worlds filled with magic, unusual creatures and wonderful stories. Perhaps it was these stories that formed in Dorote fabulous feeling to make her creatures, as if existing in another, fairy-tale world. Dorote was a creative child. She studied art in college: sculpture, drawing, painting, human anatomy. Anatomy and sculpture were her favorite subjects. For seven years Dorote worked as a graphic and interior designer. But at some point she discovered the world of dolls. Inspired by the work of other puppeteers, she began to sculpt. This hobby has become her favorite thing and is her main work till today. Dorote has many sources of inspiration: beautiful misty sunrises, some people, random phrases, feelings...